IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the various setup options in the SETTINGS>SETUP>"Class Settings" section and how they are used to configure various settings and features related to class setup, billing, and enrollments.
- General Class Settings
- Enrollment Wizard Settings
- Waitlist Priority Groups
- Class Custom Fields
- Rolling Sessions
- Billing Schedules
- Discount Schedules
- Enrollment Look Ahead Settings
- Auto Charge Scheduler
- Drop Reasons
General Class Settings
General Class Settings are miscellaneous settings that determine how the system handles various options related to classes (such as billing options/proration, etc.).
- Enable Transfer of Makeup Enrollments (Not Auto-Approved) - if enabled, the system will allow MAKEUP type enrollments to be transferred from one class to another. If disabled, the transfer option will not be displayed for MAKEUP type enrollments.
- Enable Start Date / End Date Proration For Overridden Tuition - if enabled, the system will prorate tuition for enrollments with a Tuition Override in place if the enrollment starts or drops within the current billing period. If disabled, the system will charge the full amount of the Tuition Override.
- Enable Blackout Dates For Overridden Tuition - if enabled, the system will prorate tuition for enrollments with a Tuition Override in place if Blackout Dates affect the current billing period. If disabled, the system will charge the full amount of the Tuition Override.
Tuition Override Behavior - allows you to choose how the system will use Tuition Override values to calculate the amount to be billed.
- Apply Tuition Override as a Flat-rate Price - If enabled, the Tuition Override amount will be considered a flat rate and the student will always be billed the specified amount, regardless of whether the class bills flat rate, hourly, or per timeslot. (default)
- Apply Tuition Override Based on Class Billing Structure - If enabled, the Tuition Override amount will be used in place of the tuition assigned to the class. This means that if the class bills hourly/timeslot, the Tuition Override price will be charged per hour/timeslot. If flat-rate billing is used, then the tuition override amount will be used as the flat-rate price.
Enable Single Day Enrollments In Office Portal - if enabled, the system offers an additional enrollment type when creating class enrollments that have the same start/end date, but unlike TRIAL and MAKEUP enrollments, there is a fee associated with it.
- Single Day Enrollment Label - only displayed if "Enable Single Day Enrollments in Office Portal" option is enabled. This field allows you to select a label that will be used for Single Day type enrollments wherever they are listed, including student enrollment details and reports.
Limit Discounts to Enrollments With Same Billing Schedule - if enabled, enrollments will only be counted towards discounts if they are in classes with the same billing schedule and same billing type (flat rate/hourly/timeslot).
- NOTE: Enabling this setting will affect both Discount Schedules and Tuition Schedules.
Enable Dynamic Class Names - if enabled, the system will allow you to configure the system to build the class name based on a combination of variables, including the Class Program, Level, Zone/Area, Schedule, and Instructor(s), rather than using the traditional “Class Name” text field.
- Dynamic Class Name Pattern - only displayed if "Enable Dynamic Class Names" option is enabled. Defines the structure to be used for Dynamic Class Names through the use of plain text and Class Name Variables.
Keep Existing Billing Schedule Override When Transferring Enrollments - if enabled, the system will keep any existing Billing Schedule Override for transferred enrollments.
- The setting will only apply when:
- Transferring an enrollment in Customer Portal and Mobile App.
- The option to "auto-approve" is enabled for transfers under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>CLASS REGISTRATION.
- The current enrollment has a Billing Schedule override set.
- The new class has a Billing Schedule set that matches the enrollment's Billing Schedule override. (If the class DOES NOT have a matching billing schedule, the transferred enrollment will use the default billing schedule for the new class.)
- The "Keep Existing Billing Schedule Override When Transferring Enrollments" setting also determines whether the option to keep the existing Billing Schedule override is displayed when transferring enrollments in the Office Portal.
- If the new class has the same Billing Schedule option as the enrollment's Billing Schedule override, this option will be enabled and auto-selected. If the new class DOES NOT have the same Billing Schedule option, it will not be displayed so the enrollment will use the default Billing Schedule on the new class instead.
- The setting will only apply when:
Enable Attendance Check-In Mode - if enabled, the Office Portal will allow you to check students in one at a time from the STUDENTS, CLASSES, ENROLLMENTS, or CALENDAR pages.
- NOTE: since iClassPro requires a complete set of data to record class attendance, this means that as soon as the first student in the class checks themselves in, all other students will be marked as “Absent” for the class. Attendance status will be updated as each student checks in or they are manually marked “Present” by a staff member.
Ignore Overridden Tuitions When Calculating Discounts - This setting determines whether enrollments with tuition overrides will be included when ranking students for calculating discounts. It does not determine whether the enrollment will be further discounted.
- If enabled, this setting will force the system to ignore any enrollments with tuition overrides when calculating discounts (ie. do NOT include this enrollment when assessing who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Other enrollments will be used to identify students who will start the count at 1. However, the system will not further discount the enrollment no matter what ranking it receives.
- If left disabled, the system will include this enrollment when ranking students to assess 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc in terms of “Most Expensive” or “Highest Tuition” whichever is selected. However, the system will not further discount the enrollment no matter what ranking it receives.
- NOTE: iClassPro does not further discount any overridden tuition. However, if "Enable Blackout Dates For Overridden Tuition" is enabled, the system will prorate for blackout dates if the Blackout schedule is configured to affect billing, but will not apply any Multi-Class/Multi-Student Discounts.
- Force Start Date to Class Meeting Dates - Forces the enrollment start date to be set as the next day the class will meet based on the Blackout Schedule and any cancellations. If left disabled, the enrollment start date will be the session start date (if sessions are used and the session has not yet started), or the current date (if the session has already begun or the class is a non-session class).
Enrollment Wizard Settings
The Enrollment Wizard Settings affect how the New Enrollment Wizard handles staff-created enrollments in the Office Portal.
NOTE: There are similar settings to affect how enrollments are handled in the Customer Portal/Mobile App under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>SETTINGS and SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>CLASS REGISTRATION.
- Cart Reservation Timeout (Minutes) - This is the amount of time that items will be reserved in the cart relative to the time that the most recent item was added. The timer will be reset to this amount of time each time a new item is added to the cart, and when the timer reaches 0, all items will be removed from the cart automatically.
- Cart Reservation Timeout Limit (Minutes) - This is the maximum amount of time that a cart can be used from the time that the first item was added. The timer will not reset past this amount of time even as new items are added to the cart.
Anniversary fee (if not paid in the last 12 months, or based on your timeframe) - when enabled, this option will bill an additional flat fee to customers either per student or per family if their ledger does not contain an Anniversary line item charge within the number of months specified under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>ANNIVERSARY CHARGES.
Selecting this option will reveal two additional fields:
- Charge Anniversary Fee for Free Classes - When enabled, this option will bill a flat fee to customers either per student or per family if their ledger does not contain an Anniversary line item charge within the number of months specified under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>ANNIVERSARY CHARGES, even if the class has a $0 tuition fee attached to it. This setting applies to ACTIVE type enrollments only.
- Anniversary Fee Charge Category - Select a charge category to label the anniversary fee charge with. (NOTE: The Anniversary Fee Program will be determined by your Anniversary Charges setup under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>ANNIVERSARY CHARGES. Any Tax Rate associated with that Program will be used automatically when creating Anniversary Fees.)
For more information about how this fee works, visit our Anniversary Charges article.
Waitlist Priority Groups
The Waitlist Priority Groups area allows you to enable/disable the "Waitlist Priority Groups" feature and create Priority Groups for Waitlist management.
Note: Priority Groups are applied class-wide, from highest priority (1) to lowest (3 by default, unless you create additional Priority Groups).
You will need to manually move and prioritize your waitlist enrollments into their respective Priority Group.
Enable Waitlist Priority Groups - If enabled, three Priority Groups are automatically created, along with an "Add Another" option to create additional Priority Groups. NOTE: The default Priority Groups can be renamed to suit your needs.
- Transfer students
- Sibling Enrolled
- Returning Students
- Default Waitlist Priority Group - defines which Priority Group to which new enrollments should automatically be assigned.
Class Custom Fields
The Class Custom Fields area allows you to create Custom Fields that can be used to store custom data related to classes.
NOTE: Custom fields should not be used for sensitive, personal data.
Sessions are used to define a specific date range for both enrollment and billing purposes. Enrollments linked to classes with sessions assigned have pre-defined start and drop dates, which are inherited from the session dates. Students linked to a specific session must re-enroll in the class after their current session ends. Student tuition is then billed and prorated based on the session dates.
Rolling Sessions are used to define a specific date range for billing purposes only. Enrollments linked to classes with rolling sessions assigned have a pre-defined start date, which is inherited from the session dates. However, unlike session-based enrollments, those linked to a specific rolling session do not have a drop date automatically assigned and therefore "roll over" into the next rolling session once the current rolling session ends. Student tuition is billed and prorated based on the rolling session dates.
Levels are assigned to classes to designate a specific skill aptitude expected to be attained by students enrolled in the class. These Levels are used to identify sections of classes on the Level Summary Report and can also be used as filters on other reports.
Note that currently there is no direct correlation between the Class Level and Skill Tree Level.
Tuitions define the amount you wish to charge for an enrollment. Each tuition should have a unique price; since the same tuition can be assigned to multiple classes, so you only need one tuition for each rate being charged.
A tuition can be entered in one of two ways:
The tuition amount is entered as a flat fee or an amount per timeslot/hour, depending on how you have your billing configured on the class
The tuition is entered in a table format (similar to a camp pricing schedule), which allows you more control to allow a higher/lower discount based on the number of classes/timeslots/hours taken.
Billing Schedules are created to define when a student is charged, how much, and how proration is calculated.
Discount Schedules are tables used to reference how students' classes should be ordered, how much should be discounted (multiple class and/or multiple student discounts) and if any Special Discounts apply to classes.
Enrollment Look Ahead Settings
The Enrollment Look Ahead feature allows you to prevent overbooking by specifying a certain number of weeks in the future to count upcoming enrollments against current class openings.
Auto Charge Scheduler
The Auto Charge Scheduler allows you to configure the Charge Category that will be used for auto-created class tuition charges, such as those created via the Customer Portal, Mobile App, or New Enrollment Wizard.
The “Drop Reasons” feature allows you to define a list of Drop Reasons and require your staff and customers to choose from these reasons when submitting a drop request from both the Office Portal and Customer Portal for ACTIVE or WAITLIST enrollments (if "Allow waitlist enrollment cancellation" is enabled for Customer Portal).