IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Enrollment Look Ahead feature and how it is used to prevent overbooking classes.
- What does the Enrollment Look Ahead feature do?
- How do I configure the Enrollment Look Ahead feature?
- Where will I see the change?
What does the Enrollment Look Ahead feature do?
The Enrollment Look Ahead feature allows you to count future enrollments against current class openings. You can now enter a customized period of weeks for iClassPro to use when counting the number of available openings for classes.
For example, this means that you no longer need to worry about that Make-Up class you scheduled for tomorrow (the future) giving you a wrong number of class openings! That Make-Up class is now counted against your openings to ensure you don't accidentally overbook your class space. It also works for turning off online registration until the spot is free again!
How do I configure the Enrollment Look Ahead feature?
- Navigate to SETTINGS>SETUP>CLASS SETTINGS.
- Click the pencil/edit icon next to "Enrollment Look Ahead Settings."
- In the new window, enter a number of weeks and save the changes.
iClassPro will look at all enrollments for your classes within the specified number of weeks and count those enrollments against the number of current openings in the class so you don't overbook.
(IClassPro sets this number to two weeks by default, but you may wish to increase this if you allow booking for future sessions/rolling sessions or allow enrollments to be booked more than two weeks in advance.)
Where will I see the change?
Changing this setting will affect the number of openings displayed on the the Classes Page, New Enrollments Screen and in the Customer Portal, meaning that accidentally overbooking classes becomes a problem of the past.
BEFORE setting up the Enrollment Look Ahead feature, five future enrollments exist, but the number of Openings still reports the class's maximum number of enrollments (7) since they are not currently active.
AFTER setting up the Enrollment Look Ahead feature, the number of openings now reads 2, counting the 5 future enrollments against the original maximum number of enrollments (7).
If you are selecting single or multiple entries from the “Sessions” filter, the system will display results based on the specified “Enrollment Date”, also considering any active enrollments within the Look Ahead window. If you change the selected session(s), be sure to update the “Enrollment Date” filter accordingly to ensure best accuracy.
For example, if you are looking at enrollments in a future session, be sure to update the “Enrollment Date” filter to match the start date of the session.
- Enrollments which start on a future date will be listed under future enrollments for the class, but will be counted against current openings.
- Future enrollments are noted with blue asterisks in the Class Enrollments view.
- Staff members can still manually override the maximum number of enrollments in a class when prompted that an enrollment will overbook a class.