The features described in this article are only available to customers subscribed to iClassPro's Enterprise Plan. For more details or to request additional information about our Enterprise Plan, visit https://iclasspro.com/enterprise.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn more about iClassPro’s Enterprise Portal option, the different views and features that are available, and how it can help you view and manage all of your different accounts from one place.
- What is the Enterprise Portal?
- How do I access the Enterprise Portal?
- Enterprise Portal: Accounts
- Enterprise Portal: Users
- Enterprise Portal: Family Search
- Enterprise Portal: Generated Reports
- Enterprise Portal: Permissions
- Enterprise Portal: Audit Log
- Enterprise Portal: Inter-Account Validation
What is the Enterprise Portal?
The Enterprise Portal makes it easy for you to have a unified view of data across all of your iClassPro accounts while still having the benefits that come with separate accounts. While it is possible to have multiple Locations in a single account, there are also benefits to keeping them separate, such as ensuring optimized performance as the database becomes larger.
- For more information about the Pros/Cons of separate accounts for each Location see the “Do I need multiple Locations?” section of our “How Do I Set Up/Configure Locations?” document.
How do I access the Enterprise Portal?
A link to your Enterprise Portal account will be sent to you via email when your account is onboarded.
Enterprise Portal: Accounts
The main Enterprise Portal Accounts screen lists all of your iClassPro accounts, along with group assignment, owner, contact, and location information for each.
Clicking on the key to the left of the account name will log you into that account.
- A red bar at the top of the screen will indicate when you are logged in via the Enterprise Portal vs. logging in directly via the Office Portal itself.
- Any actions performed by the Enterprise Portal user will be clearly listed in the Audit Log for the account (including login/logout actions).
- The "Group Filter" option at the top right-hand corner of the "Accounts" screen will allow you to filter the Accounts list to only display Accounts that are associated with the selected Group(s).
Enterprise Portal: Users
There are TWO User Types/Levels that can be assigned to Enterprise Portal Users:
- Admin – Has permission to log into the Enterprise Portal and can manage other Enterprise Portal users.
- User – Has permission to log into the Enterprise Portal.
Login to the Enterprise Portal is managed via Google Login or Microsoft Azure (365). Any additional login restrictions (such as 2FA) can be established with those platforms.
NOTE: When a user logs in to Enterprise Portal, Google or Microsoft issues them a token that is valid for about one hour. Therefore, if a user account is suspended or deleted during their session, it might take up to an hour to fully process that the user no longer has access to.
Group Users vs. Enterprise Portal Users
- For more information about how the User Type assigned to the Enterprise Portal User is linked to the Group User login configured in your Enterprise Portal setup, see the "Group User Type/Level Credentials" section of our "How Do I Set Up My Enterprise Portal Account?" document.
Enterprise Portal: Family Search
The “Family Search” function allows you to search for a specific family across all of your accounts using any of the following criteria:
- Name – locates families based on searching for any first name, last name, or full name of guardians associated with the family account.
- Email – locates families based on searching for any email address associated with the family account.
- Phone – locates families based on searching for any phone number associated with the family account.
Clicking the magnifying glass to the left of the search result will automatically log into that account and open the FAMILIES page using the same search term(s) entered in the Enterprise Portal. Note that if your search terms include multiple criteria (such as a phone number and email address), families will only be included in the results if they match ALL of the criteria.
NOTE: As account data is only synchronized once every 24 hours, searches made via this method will not take into account any information added/updated since the last data sync.
Enterprise Portal: Phone Search URL for Call Centers
If your call center software supports it, it is possible to append the number of an incoming call directly to the URLhttps://enterprise.iclasspro.com/phone-search-link/<phone-number-goes-here>/ to identify the caller.
Check with your phone/VoIP provider to see if they support launching a new browser tab with a defined URL and the incoming caller phone number. (i.e. https://[defined url]/[phone number])
- If no matches are found, the system will display “No match.”
- If multiple matches are found, the system will display all of the accounts in which the phone number is associated with a family account. After the initial list has loaded, the system will check each match and will display a green status indicator beside any of the accounts where an active enrollment is found for the family.
- NOTE: It is expected behavior to display all of the accounts in which the phone number is associated with a family account. This is done to make it easier for staff if the family wishes to create a new enrollment in an account for which they are currently inactive.
- If one match is found, the system will automatically log into the account and open the FAMILIES page using the same phone number that was appended to the URL search field so that the matching family is listed in the results.
- Unlike the other “Family Search” functions, the phone search URL DOES search against live account data.
Enterprise Portal: Generated Reports
When an Enterprise Portal user is logged into an account, the following reports will display an additional option to “Generate for All Accounts”:
- Drop List (CLA-5)
- New Enrollments List (CLA-9)
- Aged Accounts Report (FIN-1)
- Bank Deposit Report (FIN-2)
- Program Deposit Split Report (FIN-4)
- Category List Report (FIN-6)
If this option is enabled, the report will be generated once for each account to which the Enterprise Portal user has been granted access. These results will be displayed in a new section of the Enterprise Portal called “Generated Reports.”
Expanding the report entry will display links to download the report from each account:
Clicking "Download" will log the user into the account and open the report from the Background Tasks.
- Since the report is generated at the same date/time for each account, the filename will be the same when you download it to your computer. Be sure to change the filename when saving or you will just overwrite the same file each time.
- ONLY reports that were run with the "Generate for All Accounts" option enabled will appear in the "Generate Reports" section. Reports that are generated without this option enabled will only appear in the Background Tasks of the account in which they were generated.
- Only admin users of a particular group/subgroup should be able to see the reports they or other admin users generated. If a "normal" user generates the report, any other user in that group/subgroup should be allowed to see the report.
Enterprise Portal: Permissions
- As these permission overrides will apply to ALL users, Enterprise Portal Admins are not allowed to set global overrides for Application Access permissions to prevent scenarios where users could be completely locked out of an account.
- If account access for a specific user needs to be revoked, their individual staff user should be marked "Inactive."
- Within the Enterprise Portal, the Parent Groups will set the standards and the Child Group can further restrict permissions if needed.
- Enterprise level overrides are noted when hovering over the permission indicator in the staff member's profile.
Enterprise Portal: Audit Log
The Audit Log is a tool available to "Admin" level users that allows the user to see actions that have been taken by other Enterprise Portal users, such as which users set up groups, created other user accounts, removed users, changed users' statuses, etc.
While the "Audit Log" section is accessible to anyone with access to the Enterprise Portal, which entries can be viewed are limited by the user's group/subgroup privileges.
- Enterprise Portal Group Admin - can see all activity from any group or subgroup user.
- Enterprise Portal Subgroup Admin - can see all activity from the subgroup for which they are an Admin.
- Enterprise Portal User - can only see their own activity.
Enterprise Portal: Inter-Account Validation
The “Inter-Account Validation” feature allows you to check for matching names for the following elements:
- Levels (Class Levels)
- Charge Categories
Clicking on a specific element (such as “Levels”) gives a list of all Level names that exist in all accounts, along with the number of accounts containing that particular name. This can be helpful to locate where a specific element name may contain a typographical error, so it can be fixed to match the other accounts. (It is particularly important that these names are consistent when running reports using Power BI, where results are based on exact matches.)
In the screenshot above, the following Level names are slightly different between accounts:
- Star Fish/Starfish
Assuming that these should be consistent, it would be easiest to edit the entries that show “1” account containing the name to match the entries that exist in more accounts.
Clicking on “Click for accounts” will list the account(s) containing the incorrect name, along with a “key” icon to log into the account so you can make corrections.
NOTE: As account data is only synchronized once every 24 hours, corrections made via this method are not instantaneously visible in the Enterprise Portal. However, they are instantaneous in the accounts themselves.