IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how Makeup Tokens work in the Customer Portal, how customers can view information about their student's Makeup Tokens, and how they can apply/redeem them for makeup enrollments (based on your settings).
Some of these options may not be available to customers, depending on your settings under SETTINGS>MAKEUP TOKENS. These instructions assume that makeup tokens are enabled on the account and have already been configured by the business.
Viewing Makeup Token Information
To view makeup tokens and associated information from the Customer Portal:
- Log into the Customer Portal using your email address and password.
- Navigate to MY ACCOUNT and click on the “Makeups” icon for the appropriate student.
- This will bring up a list of all makeup tokens associated with the selected student. You can expand any collapsed area to view more details.
Note: The wording of "Use Makeup Token" or "Request" next to token details depends on whether the business has opted to auto-approve makeup enrollments in the makeup token settings.
Using a Token to Create a Makeup Enrollment
- After following the instructions above, if the student has a token to use, you can click the “Use Makeup Token” button (to automatically create the makeup enrollment in an eligible class) or the "Request" button (to submit a makeup request for staff approval) next to the token details to schedule the makeup lesson.
- On the next screen, the system will search for a list of eligible classes based on the token’s settings and the selected makeup date. Eligible classes are based on the student's age, gender and whether there are openings available in the class. They can also be restricted by program.
Note: By default the system looks at classes on the current date; this can be changed by using the date picker to the right of the search box.
- Once you have located the class you wish to request a makeup in, click on the class to complete the enrollment process and redeem the makeup token.
- Depending on the system configuration, the makeup enrollment will then either be automatically approved or will be submitted to the business for staff approval.
If makeup tokens have not been enabled, but the option to request a makeup has been turned on under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>CLASS REGISTRATION, then the makeup enrollment type will simply be available as an option for all new class enrollments. This will always submit a request for staff approval.
Makeup tokens cannot be applied to classes where the "Hide Enrollments" option has been enabled.