The Skill Activity Log is to allow staff members to view recent evaluations and communicate those evaluations to customers. From this page, you are able to send emails to customers which will include evaluations of your choosing and certificates for passed levels. You can also simply generate printable certificates.
To view the evaluations on the skills page, staff members must have a minimum of “View” permissions for the Evaluations (Skill Tracking) setting. Staff without a minimum of “View” permission will receive a message that they do not have the necessary permission to view the page. Staff members with “Full” permissions for Evaluations (skill tracking) will be able to edit or delete evaluations from this page.
The indicators at the top of the page provide a quick overview of the items in the page which are selected and the options available for the selected items (to email families or print certificates).
- Number of Students and Families - totals can be different depending on whether siblings are selected.
- Number of Evaluation - composed of new skill evaluations, passed levels and passed events
- The action indicator
- “Send Emails Now” will send an email to your parents notifying them of all selected evaluations and include certificates for passed events and levels.
- "Clear Selected" will clear selected evaluations from the queue without sending any emails or downloading certificates.
- “Download Certificates” will simply generate certificates that can be downloaded. If no passed levels or events are selected, the certificates option will not be active.
- Search - by student’s name
- Email Sent Status - defaults to unsent to make it easy to communicate new evaluations
- Date range – will only show skill evaluations and events/levels marked as passed within these dates
- Day of class - choose the day of week the class takes place
- Skill Tree - select all or part of a skill tree to search for certain evaluations.
- Progression Types - choose from “Passed Levels”, “Passed Events” and “New Evaluations”.
- Instructor selection - filters to only students in classes/camps taught by the instructor
- All Classes - allows the business to filter down students by a selection of one or more classes.
- All Camps - allows the business to filter down students by a selection of one or more camps.
- Option to “Last Evaluation(s) Only” - This will include only the last evaluation for any skill evaluated during the time frame in the email sent, rather than the full progression of that skill (possibly several evaluations) over that period. When using this option, the status of “Skipped” will be applied to any earlier evaluations within the date range to avoid having them shown as “Unsent” and having staff accidentally email customers copies of outdated evaluations.
If the staff member uses filters which exclude all of the results, they will receive a “No results found!” message.
Selecting Student(s) – Click student name to view/hide the details of their evaluations (skills, events, levels). Select/deselect certain evaluations (skills, events, levels) to choose what will be included in the email communications or downloaded certificates. Click the rating to launch the window to edit or view the evaluation.
Send Emails Now – choose to send emails to families of selected students (containing only selected evaluations).
- This window displays option to Send to All Emails Addresses on File for the family (right). If not selected, only the primary email on the family will receive the update. Clicking Yes will send evaluation emails; No will cancel.
- After clicking Yes, a background task will be started while the system sends the emails.
- An in-page notification will appear to let the user know the emails are sending. Dismiss the notification and go back to the Skills page body by clicking Great.
- The student(s) which were included in the email will now show under the status Sent from the skills page.
Note: The Branding Colors in the email will utilize the color selected for the parent portal accent color under Settings>Parent Portal>Marketing and Branding. (Congrats, student name, View Skill Tree button). The content of the emails is auto-generated and cannot be edited.
Download Certificates – allows the staff member to generate PDF copies of certificates for any Events or Levels that have been marked as passed for the student(s).
- This button begins a background task to generate the selected certificates as a PDF file. After it finishes generating, click on the background task to open and to print or download a copy of the certificate(s)
- If only one passed level or event is chosen before clicking generate certificates, the PDF file will be named by the event or level and the student name.
Ex: Completed Event 002 Event Certificate for Brittany Houser
- If multiple passed levels or events are chosen (for one or more students) a single PDF file will be created with the title of “Completion Certificates” and will contain one page per certificate selected.
Certificate branding colors reflect the selected parent portal branding color under Settings>Parent Portal>Marketing and Branding
The Avatar/Logo in the circle on the certificate is from Settings>Parent Portal>Marketing & Branding>Avatar/Logo