IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to configure Time Slots for parties.
Where do I configure Time Slots?
Under SETTINGS>PARTIES, expand the "Time Slots" menu and click on New Time Slot.
Configure the following options for each Time Slot:
- Time Slot is Active - when enabled, the time slot will be displayed as a current schedule option for party stations.
- Name - the name that will be displayed for the individual Time Slot.
- Start Date - this is the date that this Time Slot begins populating for available party times.
- Start Time - this is the time of day the Time Slot begins.
- Stop - defines when the Time Slot will cease to appear as an option for available parties.
- Never - the Time Slot is ongoing
- After [DATE] - the Time Slot will no longer appear as an option after the specified date.
- After [X] occurrences - the Time Slot will no longer appear as an option after "X" many occurrences. (For example, if the Time Slot is only available one day a week and you enter "6", it will cease to appear as an option after 6 weeks. If it is available on multiple days of the week, it would cease to appear after 6 occurrences have passed.)
- Duration - reflects the duration of the Time Slot in minutes. (For example, entering "120" create a two-hour timeslot beginning at the Start Time.)
- Select Day(s) - select which day(s) of the week this time slot is available for parties.
Repeat these steps for all available party Time Slots. Remember to save the settings.
How are Time Slots reflected in the Customer Portal?
Party Time Slots are displayed with the Stations to which they are attached in Step 2 of the Party Booking process:
Time Slots must be attached to Stations to create available bookings.