IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to create a profile and assign permissions for a new staff member, as well as how to edit information and permissions for existing staff profiles.
- Creating a New Staff Member Account
- Editing an existing staff profile
- Editing your own staff profile
Before creating staff accounts, you'll need to establish certain criteria under SETTINGS>SETUP>STAFF SETTINGS, including:
- Creating Staff Roles - Staff Roles are used in conjunction with the Time Clock to explain what role a user was performing while they were clocked in. Each staff user has a primary role assigned, but will be able to choose an alternate role when recording their time (for example, a user's primary role may be as an "Instructor", but they may also perform "Front Desk" duties).
- Creating Staff User Groups - User permissions control which areas of iClassPro a user is allowed to access, as well as which tasks they are allowed to perform. By establishing User Groups, you can assign multiple staff members the same permissions by assigning them to the same User Group. (Click here for more information about creating Staff User Groups.)
Creating a New Staff Member Account
If the "Show Class/Camp Instructors" option is enabled under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>GENERAL SETTINGS, then the full name entered on the Details tab will be shown on the Customer Portal. If you wish to change how this is displayed to your customers, you need to customize the "Customer Portal Staff Display" option under SETTINGS>SETUP>STAFF SETTINGS.
- Go to STAFF page and click on NEW STAFF.
- Fill in DETAILS about the new staff member including a name, hire date, username, phone number, address and email. (NOTE: you cannot assign a password until after the user has been saved.)
- Click the PERMISSIONS tab and assign location access and staff member permissions.
- Assign general access permissions by selecting a USER GROUP, or enable "Admin Access (Full Permissions)" if this staff member will be considered an admin user. To add specific permissions for this employee (above their user group level of access), adjust their permissions in the "Staff Permissions" area. Note that you can only ADD permissions from this area; you cannot remove or restrict any permissions they have already inherited from the assigned User Group.
- (Optional) Select any KEYWORDS that should be associated with this staff member.
- (Optional) Write a short BIO for the new staff member so that other staff members with access to this page can see the information.
- (Optional) Take any NOTES about the new staff member to keep on file.
- (Optional) Fill out any additional CUSTOM FIELDS that have been created for tracking additional staff information.
- Click SAVE.
- Back on the DETAILS tab, enter a password or use the "Reset Password Via Email" button to send the new staff member a link to set their own password.
Passwords must meet the following specific criteria:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Cannot appear on referenced list of common passwords
- Click SAVE & CLOSE to return to the STAFF page.
Editing an existing staff profile
Editing the information on a staff profile can only be done by a staff member who has been granted "Admin Access (Full Permissions)" on the "Permissions" tab for their staff user.
To edit a staff member’s profile:
- Navigate to the STAFF page.
- Click the pencil/edit icon next to the staff member you wish to edit.
- Make any necessary changes to the staff member’s account
- Click SAVE to commit the changes.
Please note that if you have updated the staff member’s password or permissions, they will need to log out and back in again for the changes to take effect.
Editing your own staff profile
By default, only the Business Owner/"admin" Account will be able to edit all aspects of a Staff member’s profile. However, staff members who have been assigned "Admin Access (Full Permissions)" should be able to access a limited view of their own staff profile and be allowed to update specific details.
For these staff members, the Details tab will only allow them to edit the following fields:
- Upload image
- First name
- Last name
- Password and Reset Password buttons
- Bio / Resume
- Phone numbers
The Details tab will also allow them to VIEW (but not edit):
- Hire date
- Release date
- Login Information (Status, Username)
Access to all other tabs will either be blocked with a permissions error/warning message or hidden completely.