IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about adding and maintaining Categories and Subcategories that can be assigned to Products in the Point of Sale module.
- Accessing the “Categories” screen
- Creating new Categories/Subcategories
- Editing existing Categories/Subcategories
Accessing the “Categories” screen
You can access the “Categories” screen by navigating to USER MENU>POINT OF SALE>CATEGORIES.
The Categories section provides a list of available categories and subcategories that items can be assigned to for filtering purposes within the sales module. The search box at the top of the screen can be used to search for a specific Category.
You can drag-and-drop Categories/Subcategories to reorder them as needed.
The first time a Punch Pass is created, the system will automatically create a "Passes" category and automatically assign that category to the Punch Pass.
Creating new Categories/Subcategories
Use the “New Category” or “Add Subcategory” buttons to add a new Category/Subcategory.
- Category Name – the category name that will be displayed in the Point of Sale window.
- SEO Slug – used as part of URL to link to a specific product category. Auto-created or can be overridden to customize.
- Category Image – the category image that will be displayed in the Point of Sale window.
- Category Image for Social Media – the category image that will be displayed when sharing a link to this category on social media.
- Visiblity – when enabled, this category and all visible products associated with it will be displayed in your product catalog.
Editing existing Categories/Subcategories
Use the pencil/edit icon next to an existing Category or Subcategory to edit the existing details. Expand the “Product Associations” menu to view products associated with that specific Category/Subcategory.
Clicking on the Product will take you to the Product details screen so you can edit/remove the association if needed.