IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Instructor Retention Report (STA-10), its filter options, and how to generate it.
- What is the Instructor Retention Report?
- Available Formats
- General Filters
- Class Filters
- Display Filters
What is the Instructor Retention Report?
The Instructor Retention Report is used to identify student retention rates over a specified date range on a per-instructor basis. The report includes totals for student with ACTIVE, ONEDAY, or MAKEUP type enrollments that meet the following criteria:
- “As of” Date Range – students are included in the totals only if they had an active enrollment within the specified date range.
- Booked: students enrolled in the as of date range. Shows totals for each day of the week and a grand total per week.
- Retained: students that are enrolled in the as of date range and also enrolled in the retained date range. Shows totals and percentage retained for each day of the week and a grand total per week. (Percentage is calculated as “Retained” total / “Booked” total.)
- “Retained” Date Range – This date range is used for comparative purposes only. Only students who were active within the “As of” Date Range are reflected in the totals.
- “Renewed Bookings”: students that are enrolled in the as of date range who start before the as of date start date, or have a past enrollment. (Percentage is calculated as “Renewed Bookings” total / “Booked” total.)
- “New Bookings”: students that are enrolled in the as of date range who started after the as of date start date, and do not have any past enrollments. (Percentage is calculated as “New Bookings” total / “Booked” total.)
By default, results are grouped by Class Program first, then by Shift (if the “Show Shifts” option is enabled), then by Class. Only Programs/Shifts that have enrollments/students attached will be included in the results.
NOTE: If you commonly use the same filters when running this report, you can now save them as Presets! Simply load a Preset Filter whenever you open the report page, set your date range and click to generate the report in your preferred format. See our “Preset Filters for Reports” document for more information.
The Class Retention Summary Report is available in either HTML or PDF format.
- AS OF START DATE/END DATE: the system will only show results for enrollments that were active within these days.
- RETAINED START/END DATE: the system will only show results for enrollments that were still active in the within these days. This date range must begin AFTER the designated end date of “As Of” date range.
- LOCATIONS: choose one or more Locations to limit the results to only students with enrollments associated with the selected Location(s). (You must select at least one location before you have the option to generate the report.)
- CHOOSE INSTRUCTOR: select an Instructor to limit the report to only enrollments in classes associated with the selected Instructor(s).
- CHOOSE PROGRAM: select a Program to limit the report to only enrollments in classes associated with the selected Program(s).
- CHOOSE LEVEL: select a Level to limit the report to only enrollments in classes associated with the selected Level(s).
- CHOOSE SESSION: select a Level to limit the report to only enrollments associated with the selected Session(s).
- NOTE: If you select a session, you will need to be sure that the "Retained" dates match the selected session, and that the "As Of" dates match the current session (or the session to which you are comparing the enrollments).
- SHOW SHIFT – if enabled, the report will break the results down for each Shift, as defined by your designated start times. (You must specify at least two Shifts to use this option. Use the “Add Another” button if you need to designate more than three Shifts in the results).
- Start Time of Shift 1
- Start Time of Shift 2
- Start Time of Shift 3 (optional)