IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Checkout Reservation Timer and how it is used to help prevent overbooking classes in the Customer Portal and Office Portal.
- What is the Checkout Reservation Timer?
- How the Checkout Reservation Timer Works in the Customer Portal
- How the Checkout Reservation Timer Works in the Office Portal
- Settings Related to the Checkout Reservation Timer
What is the Checkout Reservation Timer?
The Checkout Reservation Timer helps to alleviate issues where several customers are vying for a limited number of openings in a class at the same time. By immediately creating a “temporary” enrollment in a class when a family adds an enrollment to their Shopping Cart in the Customer Portal or Mobile App, this enrollment is then taken into consideration when other families look at class availability.
How the Checkout Reservation Timer Works in the Customer Portal
Once an enrollment is started, a timer will begin counting down. If the family completes the enrollment process before the timer ends, the enrollment will complete as normal. If they abandon the enrollment process or their session times out, the temporary enrollment is released and is then available for another family to select.
How the Checkout Reservation Timer Works in the Office Portal
Once an enrollment is started in the Customer Portal, a timer will begin counting down. In the Office Portal, that enrollment will be reflected in Class Occupancy views until such time as the enrollment is completed or the timer expires, and the enrollment is removed from the Shopping Cart.
From the CLASSES screen, the enrollment will be reflected under the “Enrollment Reservations” section of the Class Occupancy:
From the CALENDAR screen, the enrollment will be reflected in a warning dialog when creating an enrollment:
If a staff member is creating an enrollment using the "New Class Enrollment" button from the FAMILIES or STUDENTS page, or from the GROUP ENROLL button on the CLASSES page, any reserved enrollment will be reflected in the total number of ACTIVE class enrollments until such time as the enrollment is either removed from the Shopping Cart or the reservation expires.
Settings Related to the Checkout Reservation Timer
Checkout Reservation Timer settings are located under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>SETTINGS>OPTIONS.
- Cart Reservation Timeout (Minutes) - This is a number between 5-120 minutes that represents the amount of time that items will be reserved in the cart relative to the time that the most recent item was added. The timer will be reset to this amount of time each time a new item is added to the cart, and when the timer reaches 0, all items will be removed from the cart automatically.
- Cart Reservation Timeout Limit (Minutes) - This is a number between 5-120 minutes that represents the maximum amount of time that a cart can be used from the time that the first item was added. The timer will not reset past this amount of time even as new items are added to the cart.