IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the various setup options in the SETTINGS>SETUP>"Class Settings" section and how they are used to configure various settings and features related to class setup, billing, and enrollments.
- General Class Settings
- Class Custom Fields
- Rolling Sessions
- Billing Schedules
- Discount Schedules
- Blackout Schedules
- Enrollment Look Ahead Settings
- Auto Charge Scheduler
General Class Settings
General Class Settings are miscellaneous settings that determine how the system handles various options related to classes (such as billing options/proration, etc.).
- Enable Transfer of Makeup Enrollments - if enabled, the system will allow MAKEUP type enrollments to be transferred from one class to another. If disabled, the transfer option will not be displayed for MAKEUP type enrollments.
- Enable Start Date / End Date Proration For Overridden Tuition - if enabled, the system will prorate tuition for enrollments with a Tuition Override in place if the enrollment starts or drops within the current billing period. If disabled, the system will charge the full amount of the Tuition Override.
- Enable Blackout Dates For Overridden Tuition - if enabled, the system will prorate tuition for enrollments with a Tuition Override in place if Blackout Dates affect the current billing period. If disabled, the system will charge the full amount of the Tuition Override.
- Enable Setting Drop Date On Previous Enrollment - if enabled, the system will display an option to set the drop date for the previous enrollment when transferring an enrollment from one class to another.
- Enable Single Day Enrollments In Office Portal - if enabled, the system offers an additional enrollment type when creating class enrollments that have the same start/end date, but unlike TRIAL and MAKEUP enrollments, there is a fee associated with it
- Limit Discounts to Enrollments With Same Billing Type/Billing Schedule - if enabled, enrollments will only be counted towards discounts if they are in classes with the same billing schedule and same billing type (flat rate/hourly/timeslot).
- Enable Dynamic Class Names - if enabled, the system will allow you to configure the system to build the class name based on a combination of variables, including the Class Program, Level, Room/Area, Schedule, and Instructor(s), rather than using the traditional “Class Name” text field.
- Keep Existing Billing Schedule Override When Transferring Enrollments - if enabled, the system will keep any existing Billing Schedule Override for transferred enrollments.
The setting will only apply when:
- Transferring an enrollment in Customer Portal and Mobile App.
- The option to "auto-approve" is enabled for transfers under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>CLASS REGISTRATION.
- The current enrollment has a Billing Schedule override set.
- The new class has a Billing Schedule set that matches the enrollment's Billing Schedule override. (If the class DOES NOT have a matching billing schedule, the transferred enrollment will use the default billing schedule for the new class.)
The "Keep Existing Billing Schedule Override When Transferring Enrollments" setting also determines whether the option to keep the existing Billing Schedule override is displayed when transferring enrollments in the Office Portal.
If the new class has the same Billing Schedule option as the enrollment's Billing Schedule override, it will be enabled and auto-selected. If the new class DOES NOT have that Billing Schedule option, it will be not not be displayed so the enrollment will use the default Billing Schedule on the new class instead.
Class Custom Fields
The Class Custom Fields area allows you to create Custom Fields that can be used to store custom data related to classes.
Sessions are used to define a specific date range for both enrollment and billing purposes. Enrollments linked to classes with sessions assigned have pre-defined start and drop dates, which are inherited from the session dates. Students linked to a specific session must re-enroll in the class after their current session ends. Student tuition is then billed and prorated based on the session dates.
Rolling Sessions are used to define a specific date range for billing purposes only. Enrollments linked to classes with rolling sessions assigned have a pre-defined start dates, which is inherited from the session dates. However, unlike session-based enrollments, those linked to a specific rolling session do not have a drop date automatically assigned and therefore "roll over" into the next rolling session once the current rolling session ends. Student tuition is billed and prorated based on the rolling session dates.
Levels are assigned to classes to designate a specific skill aptitude expected to be attained by students enrolled in the class. These Levels are used to identify sections of classes on the Level Summary Report and can also be used as filters on other reports.
Note that currently there is no direct correlation between the Class Level and Skill Tree Level.
Tuitions define the amount you wish to charge for an enrollment. Each tuition should have a unique price; since the same tuition can be assigned to multiple classes, so you only need one tuition for each rate being charged.
A tuition can be entered in one of two ways:
The tuition amount is entered as a flat fee or an amount per timeslot/hour, depending on how you have your billing configured on the class
The tuition is entered in a table format (similar to a camp pricing schedule), which allows you more control to allow a higher/lower discount based on the number of classes/timeslots/hours taken.
Billing Schedules are created to define when a student is charged, how much, and how proration is calculated.
Discount Schedules are tables used to reference how students' classes should be ordered, how much should be discounted (multiple class and/or multiple student discounts) and if any Special Discounts apply to classes.
A Blackout Schedule is a list of dates when your facility will be closed for holidays or other reasons. iClassPro uses these dates to control how the system will handle billing and/or attendance.
Enrollment Look Ahead Settings
The Enrollment Look Ahead feature allows you to prevent overbooking by specifying a certain number of weeks in the future to count upcoming enrollments against current class openings.
Auto Charge Scheduler
The Auto Charge Scheduler allows you to configure the Charge Category that will be used for auto-created class tuition charges, such as those created via the Customer Portal, Mobile App, or New Enrollment Wizard.