IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to process eCheck payments, including saving eCheck information to families, viewing payment details in your iClassPro Merchant Portal, and how to handle returned or declined eCheck payments.
- Saving eCheck information
- Viewing eCheck information in your Merchant Portal
- Handling returned/declined eCheck payments
Saving eCheck information
If eCheck is enabled as a payment method on your iClassPro account, you will be able to store bank account information for use when running either individual payments or bulk payment tasks.
- Go to the FAMILIES page and locate the family you wish to save eCheck information for.
- Click the pencil/edit icon next to the family to access the family details page.
- Click the “Billing” tab.
- A family can only have one saved form of payment on file. If the “Billing” tab already shows that one is saved, you will need to click the DELETE PAYMENT INFORMATION button to remove it in order to enter a new form of payment.
- Once the form is blank, choose “Echeck” as the Payment Method, then click the LOAD FROM PRIMARY GUARDIAN button to copy the primary guardian name and address details from the “Details” tab.
- Enter the Bank Name and choose an Account Type.
- Enter the Routing Number and Account Number. Be sure to double-check these numbers to be sure they are correct and that they are in the correct fields.
- Click SUBMIT AUTOPAY INFORMATION to save the payment method to the gateway.
If the information was submitted successfully, you should see that the “Billing” tab now looks similar to this:
“This Payment Method is Authorized for Recurring Billing” will be checked by default and therefore the saved payment information will be used whenever you run payments using this method (either by choosing Payment Type 1 when running manual payments or “Charge From Merchant Account” when running the payments task under TRANSACTIONS>PAYMENTS). If the saved payment information should not be used for collecting recurring monthly charges and should only be used for occasional one-time payments made directly at the family ledger, you can uncheck this option.
For information about using stored information to run a payment, see our document: "How Do I Process Payments from Stored Payment Information?"
Viewing eCheck information in your Merchant Portal
You can view information about eCheck payments and run reports by accessing your Merchant Portal.
To access your Merchant Portal:
- Access the Merchant Portal at https://merchantportal.iclasspro.com.
- Log into the Merchant Portal using your login credentials.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” link below the login box to have an email sent to you so you can reset it.
- For assistance with creating users so other staff members can log into the Merchant Portal, see https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034221793-How-Do-I-Manage-Users-and-Notification-Preferences-Merchant-Portal-
- If you need additional assistance logging in, call 877-554-6776 or contact email@example.com.
After logging in, you have several options to view eCheck payments:
All of these screens provide the option to download filtered results in CSV format.
Handling returned/declined eCheck payments
Since eCheck transactions are just like check payments, there is always a chance of the check payment being returned due to reasons such as “Account Closed” or “Insufficient Funds”. All eCheck payments are considered to be successful at the time they are created. Usually there is a 3-5 day settlement period for eChecks, at which time the checks will either be processed or rejected by the account holder’s bank.
You should receive an email from iClassPro Merchant Services related to any failed eCheck payments. These payments can also be viewed on the Merchant Portal "eCheck Returns" screen as noted above.
If you receive notification that an eCheck payment was declined for any reason, you will need to manually adjust the family’s ledger to reflect this.
Since iClassPro keeps a record of deleted payments on financial reports for the day they were deleted (and reference the deletion on historical financial reports for the day it was taken), we recommend recording the transaction ID, date and amount, then deleting it and referencing that in the Returned Check Fee charge title, such as "NSF Fee - eCheck [transaction id] on [date] for [amount]".
This information can be found by clicking the pencil/edit icon next to the payment to be deleted:
If you do not charge a Returned Check Fee, then we recommend creating a family note with this information after deleting the payment so it is available in case there are ever any questions.
After noting the information, you can use the red DELETE button at the bottom of the window to delete the payment.