IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Check-In Kiosk and how parents can use it to automatically check students in for classes and camps.
What is the Check-In Kiosk?
iClassPro’s Check-In Kiosk will allow your parents to bypass the front desk and check their students in for class. All they will need is the phone number associated with their account or QR code (if this option has been enabled)!
The Check-In Kiosk is run on a standalone computer that parents will use to check their children in for their scheduled event. It is not mobile-accessible.
It is highly recommended to disable the Autofill/Auto-Complete browser settings on the computer to be used for the Check-In Kiosk. Instructions on how to do this can be found in our How to Disable and Clear AutoFill Info in your Browser document.
- For information about setting up and using QR codes in the Check-In Kiosk, see our Using QR Codes with the Check-In Kiosk document.
- For information about redeeming Student Punch Passes via the Check-In Kiosk, see our Redeeming a Punch Pass From the Check-In Kiosk document.
Checking in Using the Kiosk
- To launch the Check-In Kiosk, go to the User icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and choose "Check-In Kiosk."
- At the Check-In Screen, enter either the primary or secondary phone number on the account and click the Arrow button to continue.
- Select a child to check in.
- A screen with all of the child’s enrollments for the day will come up with the class name, time, and area/Zone for each. Click “Check In” to register the child “Present” for a class. (If there are multiple classes for the child you can check in for each class as long as it is within the defined Early Check-In Window.)
- A confirmation window will show that attendance has been saved.
- Click “Go Back” to select another child to check in, or “I’m Done” to finish.
- After clicking “I’m Done”, a Check-In Summary screen will be shown. Click “Got It!” to log out.
A family will not be offered the option to check in if any of the following situations exist:
- The family has not accepted your family policies, or if a student has not agreed to required student policies, they will not be offered the option to check in.
- A student has an expected absence recorded for the check-in date.
- The family has an outstanding balance.
The “Check In” button will be disabled and the family will be prompted to “Please See Front Desk,” along with a a message noting the reason(s) why the customer cannot check in. In the case of an outstanding balance, the family will simply be advised to “Please See Front Desk" to maintain privacy of financial information.
Classes that have the "Hide Enrollments" option enabled in the "Online Settings" section will not be shown on the Check-In Kiosk.
Staff User Permissions
Since launching the Check-In Kiosk requires logging in as an iClassPro Staff member, you may wish to create a unique staff user for this purpose. This staff member will need the following permissions:
- iClassPro (FULL permission)
- Families/Students (FULL permission)
- Attendance (FULL permission)
- See All Classes/Camps In Staff Portal (FULL permission)
- (Optional) Enrollments (FULL permission needed if parents will be redeeming Punch Passes via the Check-In Kiosk)
When the staff member first logs in they will be presented with a page that says they are unauthorized. However, they will still be able to access the Check-In Kiosk link under the User icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.