Dashboard is a customizable view of charts and graphs that help you visualize your business. Use it to display and track a number of key metrics -- from the number of trials and pending makeup requests, to monthly revenue, to enrollments compared to last week, to analyzing programs and so much more!
Giving you the ability to choose which information is most important to you, the dashboard gives you the flexibility to organize and display these metrics using widgets that can be resized, relocated or completely removed from view.
How Does It Work?
A number of different widgets are available (a full list is available here).
Some of these include:
- KPI (Key Performance Indicators) – allows you to compare data between years. The information is based on the current month, last month, the same month one year ago, and an indicator showing whether the numbers have risen or fallen within the past seven days. Available Key Performance indicators include: Active Families, Active Students, Active Staff, Enrollments, and Payments
- Lists – allows you to compare data based on today, yesterday and the entire month. Lists available include: AutoPay information, Enrollments, Drops, Transfers, Payments & Credits, Skills Evaluated/Levels Passed/Events Passed, Pending Class Enrollment/Drop/Transfer Requests, and Accounts Created.
- Bar/Line Charts – a graphical representation comparing data on a monthly basis over a three year period, which can be filtered by Program and Charge Category. Available charts include: Payments, Credits, and Charges.
- Programs – displays a Program Summary as of today’s date, including a donut chart and individual totals.
- Status – lists data based on the current week (Sunday-Saturday). Available Status widgets include: Skills Evaluated/Levels Passed/Events Passed, Make Ups, Wait List, Trials, Birthdays, Tardies, Expected Absences, Drops, and Transfers.
A “Spacer” widget is also available to help you organize the data on the Dashboard.
Depending on the type of widget, clicking on the widget may take you to another page with more information (for example, clicking on Make Up, Wait List or Trials will take you to the Special Enrollments screen).
Note: When comparing data, the system uses the same day of the previous year as the basis for the "Last Year" results, and last day of the previous month as the basis for the "Last Month" results. (This is to address any possible discrepancies due to leap years.)
So for example: if today is 8/1/2018, "Last Month" would reflect the results as of 7/31/2018 and "Last Year" would reflect the results as of 8/1/2017.
How Do I Customize the Dashboard?
Customizing the dashboard is as easy as 1-2-3! Each unique staff member login can customize their own dashboard to reflect relevant data.
- At the top of the screen, click the pencil to the right of the "Locations" drop-down to open the “Add a Widget” screen.
- Choose the widgets you want to add to the dashboard and resize/rearrange them as desired.
(Hint: use the four-headed arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the widget to move it, the arrow in the bottom right-hand corner of the widget to resize it, or the “X” in the upper left-hand corner of the widget to remove it. Some widgets will also have a “Gear” icon in the upper right-hand corner next to the four-headed arrow if they have customizable settings.)
- Click the “Save” button to save the layout.
If you need to reset the layout at any time, just open the Dashboard and click the “Reset Layout” button to restore the default widgets.
Special Notes for Administrators:
- With the launch of the Dashboard, we’ve removed the “home” staff permissions under User Groups (replaced with “dashboard” permission) accessed under Settings>Setup>Staff Settings>User Groups
- There are two new widget permissions for User Groups which are defaulted to NONE to take away access to sensitive financial data on the dashboard. These control access to widgets which handle “Charge” and “Payment” data.
- The only user group that cannot have the widget permissions turned off is the "admin" user group. This is because those users have been given full access to the software - and would have already had the ability to run reports to gather this data.
- Staff cannot add a widget to their dashboard if they don’t have permissions for it
- If a widget is on a staff member’s dashboard and their permissions change so they no longer have permissions for it, the widget will be replaced with a message indicating that they do not have permission to access that widget/information.