IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about different options for creating new family accounts in the iClassPro Office Portal.
- Options for creating new families
- Additional Instructions
Options for creating new families
Creating a new family account in iClassPro is easy using the New Family Wizard! This feature will guide you through the process, prompting you every step of the way to be sure you have all of the information you need.
For those who prefer the traditional form to add a new family, you can still click the NEW FAMILY button below the search box in the left-hand menu to access that screen.
Using the New Family Wizard
- On the FAMILIES page, click the wizard icon (magic wand) to the right of the NEW FAMILY button in the left-hand menu.
- Enter the first name and last name for the primary guardian and choose their relationship to the students who will be created. (If you need to create additional relationships, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>FAMILY SETTINGS>RELATIONSHIPS.)
- If you need to add a secondary guardian, click the “Add” button in the left-hand menu of the Wizard. Otherwise, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter the email address(es) for the guardian(s), choose an email type and choose whether the address will receive Email Blasts. To add more email addresses, click “Add Another.”
You can also set which email address will be considered the primary address – this email address will be used to log into the Customer Portal and will be considered the primary address for receiving statements and email communications. (If you need to create additional email types, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>EMAIL TYPES.)
Once you have added all email addresses to be associated with the family, click “Next” to continue.
To help prevent duplicate primary emails in the system, the system will check to see if the email address you entered is being used by any other families when you tab away from the field and warn you if any are found.
- Enter the phone number(s) for the guardian(s), choose a phone type and choose whether the phone number will receive text messages. To add more phone numbers, click “Add Another.” (If you need to create additional phone types, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>PHONE TYPES.)
Once you have added all phone numbers to be associated with the family, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter the mailing address for the guardian(s). If you need to add a secondary address, click “Add Another.” Otherwise, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter additional information about the family, including referral information, family flag alerts, enabling any special discounts they may be entitled to, assigning family keywords and entering any custom field data. (For more information about special discounts and how to set them up on your discount schedule(s), please see our Knowledge Base article here: https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569368)
Once you have filled in the additional information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review the information you entered. If you need to make any changes, click the pencil/edit icon in the upper right-hand corner of the section you need to edit and you will be taken back to the appropriate screen to make your changes. (After making the change, click “Next” to save the change and move to the next page.)
- Once the information is all correct, click the SAVE button to save the family. A SAVED SUCCESSFULLY screen will come up if everything saved without error.
- Click “Add Another Family” to add another family.
- Click the "Attach Students to this Family" button to launch the New Student Wizard.
- Click the "Send Welcome Email" button to send your "Welcome" email to the family.
- If this option is selected, the system will send the family an email using the existing email template under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>EMAIL TEMPLATES>ICLASSPRO>"Welcome Email."
- Click the “Close & View Details” button to close the wizard and open the family details.
- From here, you can add payment information by clicking on the “Billing” tab, or add students using the “New Student” button in the upper right-hand corner.
If you have finished adding family details, click “Close” to exit the wizard and return to the FAMILIES screen.
Using the traditional New Family form
- Go to the family section and click on New Family.
- This will launch the "New Guardian Details" screen. Enter guardian details. Be sure to include the guardian name, phone number(s), physical address, and email address. Whenever possible, be sure to select the "Relationship" with the student(s), email type, and phone type.
- If you need to create additional email address fields, click the "Add Another" button just above the Emails section.
- After entering all necessary details, click APPLY.
- By default, the first guardian added to the account will be flagged as the "Primary."
- (Optional) If you need to create additional guardians, click the "Add New Guardian" button in the upper right-hand corner just about the primary guardian's information.
- By default, all new guardians are opted OUT of text messaging and Email Blasts. If the guardian grants permission to do so, you can change this by enabling the "Texting" or "Subscribe to Email Blast" option(s) as necessary.
- Note that some family information (such as "How Did You Hear About Us") is found under the "View More" link below the email addresses in the default view. This info is required on the online signup forum, and should also be completed by staff members for consistent and complete records.
- Save Family. This will activate some of the remaining optional tabs of information.
- (Optional) Enter Students using the add student button to the right.
- (Optional) Enter new Enrollments for students in this family at the bottom of the page.
- (Optional) Enter any charges or payments on the family ledger.
- (Optional) Enter any Autopay information that may be required to store on file in the Autopay Tab of the family details.
- (Optional) Enter written Policy Agreements if the family has agreed to your policies on paper.
- (Optional) Attach any Keywords to the family which may apply from the Keywords tab.
- (Optional) Include any special Notes about the family in the notes tab.
- (Optional) Fill out any Custom Fields that have been created for use by your business.
- Save any additional changes since step 3.
Sending or Scheduling an Email
This button will be enabled until after the family record is initially saved. It allows your staff to quickly compose and send (or schedule) an email to the family while editing the family record if the family's email address has subscribed to email blasts.
- include all subscribed emails on the family record
- send a copy to yourself
- schedule the email to send later
- use a custom email template from your account settings
- compose an email directly in the window
When you are finished making selections and composing the email or selecting your template, click Send to send the email blast. Or, click here for more information about sending email blasts.
- Click here to learn about Subscribed/Unsubscribed statuses.
- Click here to learn about creating custom email templates.
Editing family details
To edit an existing family, click the pencil/edit icon to the left of the primary guardian's name on the FAMILIES page. Make any necessary changes, then click the SAVE button at the bottom of the family details window.
You may see one or more of the following indicators for each guardian when viewing the family details:
- Can Log In - indicates that the guardian has been granted (and accepted) access to the family account via the Customer Portal.
- Invite Revoked - indicates that the guardian was once granted permission to access the family account via the Customer Portal, but this permission was later revoked.
- No Password Set - indicates that no password has been established for the guardian to access the family account via the Customer Portal.
Expand the "View More" section below the Emails field to enter/update additional information, including:
- License - can be used to store a driver's license or other ID number.
- How Did You Hear About Us - chooses the referral source for reporting purposes.
- Family Flag Alert - Enter any "Family Flag Alert" that should pop up whenever staff are viewing or interacting with the family or students attached to the family.
- Suspend Family - allows you to suspend the family account, preventing them from logging into the Customer Portal/Mobile App.
- Special Discounts - allows you to enable/disable Employee/Member/Service discounts for the family.
If that family is updated by another staff user or via the Customer Portal while a staff member has the family details screen open, a confirmation window will appear when the original staff member goes to save letting them know that the family details have changed.
This will allow the staff member to reload the details so the most current information is displayed.
NOTE: This will require the staff member to re-enter any changes they made, but will help prevent data loss.
Changing “Primary” guardian
You can change which guardian is considered as the Primary Guardian by clicking the pencil/edit icon to the right of the guardian name and enabling the “Set as Primary Guardian” option. You will need to be sure to click APPLY in the edit window, then SAVE the family details.
- NOTE: If the Primary Guardian is changed on an account, or if the “Family Merge” tool is used to combine multiple family accounts, all secondary access to that account will be revoked, and the Primary Guardian will need to send new invitations to restore secondary access for those users.
Revoking secondary login access
Provided the staff member has the necessary permissions, they may be able to manually accept family/student policies if there is a written policy acceptance on file.
However, we generally recommend having a family agree to a set of policies that is printable from this window, have the family go online to the Customer Portal using the email address they provided to agree electronically.
Billing Options (Saved Payment Information)
To add saved payment information for a family, go to the Billing options tab. From here, there are a few options you will need to consider:
- Payment Method - the options displayed here will depend on which type(s) of payment gateway(s) are configured on your account. If you have only enabled credit card or eCheck processing, only that payment method will be available. If you offer both credit card and eCheck processing, you will need to choose which payment method is being saved.
- Disable Validation When Saving Payment Method on File - if enabled, a $0.00 authorization will be performed when the payment information is saved to ensure that it is valid. Disabling this option will skip the authorization but may allow invalid payment information to be saved.
- This Payment Method is Authorized For Recurring Billing - if enabled, this payment method will be used for any recurring billing tasks (such as TRANSACTIONS>PAYMENTS). This option is enabled by default but can be disabled if needed.
- NOTE: If this option is manually enabled by a staff member from a disabled state, the following warning message will be displayed: "This setting should not be enabled unless permission has been given by the cardholder. By continuing, I confirm that I have obtained permission from the cardholder to do so."
- Add Payment Information - launches the Secure Payment Form.
Name and address fields will be automatically filled in based on the information in the Family profile. If there is a different name on the card, or if the card being saved uses a different mailing address/email/phone number these fields may need to be updated manually.
Enter the payment method details, then click SUBMIT to save the payment information to the gateway and link it to the family profile.
Upon saving the payment information, the "This Payment Method is Authorized For Recurring Billing" option will automatically be checked, and the family will receive the "Opt-In Confirmation for Recurring Payment" email.
- This template can be edited under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>EMAIL TEMPLATES>CUSTOMER PORTAL>"Opt-In Confirmation for Recurring Payment."
If the payment method should not be authorized for recurring billing, you will need to disable the option and save the family details.
To keep saved payment information on file, you must have a payment gateway set up on your account.