IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about different options for creating new family accounts in the iClassPro Office Portal.
- Options for creating new families
- Additional Instructions
Options for creating new families
Creating a new family account in iClassPro is easy using the New Family Wizard! This feature will guide you through the process, prompting you every step of the way to be sure you have all of the information you need.
For those who prefer the traditional form to add a new family, you can still click the NEW FAMILY button below the search box in the left-hand menu to access that screen.
Using the New Family Wizard
- On the FAMILIES page, click the wizard icon (magic wand) to the right of the NEW FAMILY button in the left-hand menu.
- Enter the first name and last name for the primary guardian and choose their relationship to the students who will be created. (If you need to create additional relationships, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>FAMILY SETTINGS>RELATIONSHIPS.)
If you need to add a secondary guardian, click “Add Another.” Otherwise, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter the email address(es) for the guardian(s), choose an email type and choose whether the address will receive Email Blasts. To add more email addresses, click “Add Another.”
You can also set which email address will be considered the primary address – this email address will be used to log into the Customer Portal and will be considered the primary address for receiving statements and email communications. (If you need to create additional email types, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>EMAIL TYPES.)
Once you have added all email addresses to be associated with the family, click “Next” to continue.
To help prevent duplicate primary emails in the system, the system will check to see if the email address you entered is being used by any other families when you tab away from the field and warn you if any are found.
- Enter the phone number(s) for the guardian(s), choose a phone type and choose whether the phone number will receive text messages. To add more phone numbers, click “Add Another.” (If you need to create additional phone types, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>PHONE TYPES.)
Once you have added all phone numbers to be associated with the family, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter the mailing address for the guardian(s). If you need to add a secondary address, click “Add Another.” Otherwise, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter additional information about the family, including referral information, enabling any special discounts they may be entitled to, assigning family keywords and entering any custom field data. (For more information about special discounts and how to set them up on your discount schedule(s), please see our Knowledge Base article here: https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569368)
Once you have filled in the additional information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review the information you entered. If you need to make any changes, click the pencil/edit icon in the upper right-hand corner of the section you need to edit and you will be taken back to the appropriate screen to make your changes. (After making the change, click “Next” to save the change and move to the next page.)
- Once the information is all correct, click the SAVE button to save the family. A SAVED SUCCESSFULLY screen will come up if everything saved without error.
- Click “Add Another Family” to add another family.
- Click the "Attach Students to this Family" button to launch the New Student Wizard.
- Click the "Send Welcome Email" button to send your "Welcome" email to the family.
- If this option is selected, the system will send the family an email using the existing email template under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>EMAIL TEMPLATES>ICLASSPRO>"Welcome Email."
- Click the “Close & View Details” button to close the wizard and open the family details.
- From here, you can add payment information by clicking on the “Billing” tab, or add students using the “New Student” button in the upper right-hand corner.
If you have finished adding family details, click “Close” to exit the wizard and return to the FAMILIES screen.
Using the traditional New Family form
- Go to the family section and click on New Family.
- Enter family details. Important information to include is at least one guardian name or contact, a phone number, physical address, email, and "How did you hear about us?." Some of this information is found under the "View More" link below the email addresses in the default view. This info is required on the online signup forum, and should also be completed by staff members for consistent and complete records.
If you need to create additional email address fields, click the "Add Another" button just above the Emails section.
- Save Family. This will activate some of the remaining optional tabs of information.
- (Optional) Enter Students using the add student button to the right.
- (Optional) Enter new Enrollments for students in this family at the bottom of the page.
- (Optional) Enter any charges or payments on the family ledger.
- (Optional) Enter any Autopay information that may be required to store on file in the Autopay Tab of the family details.
- (Optional) Enter written Policy Agreements if the family has agreed to your policies on paper.
- (Optional) Attach any Keywords to the family which may apply from the Keywords tab.
- (Optional) Include any special Notes about the family in the notes tab.
- (Optional) Fill out any Custom Fields that have been created for use by your business.
- Save any additional changes since step 3.
Editing family details
To edit an existing family, click the pencil/edit icon to the left of the primary guardian's name on the FAMILIES page. Make any necessary changes, then click the SAVE button at the bottom of the family details window.
If that family is updated by another staff user or via the Customer Portal while a staff member has the family details screen open, a confirmation window will appear when the original staff member goes to save letting them know that the family details have changed.
This will allow the staff member to reload the details so the most current information is displayed.
NOTE: This will require the staff member to re-enter any changes they made, but will help prevent data loss.
Linking family data to specific guardians
iClassPro allows staff members to link family data (such as phones, emails and mailing addresses) to specific guardians.
When editing the Family Details, a column for “Guardian” will be shown for any data that can be linked to a specific guardian:
Unassigned values will show “Unassigned” on the Guardian drop-down.
Provided the staff member has the necessary permissions, they may be able to manually accept family/student policies if there is a written policy acceptance on file.
However, we generally recommend having a family agree to a set of policies that is printable from this window, have the family go online to the Customer Portal using the email address they provided to agree electronically.
Billing Options (Saved Payment Information)
To add saved payment information for a family, go to the Billing options tab. From here, there are a few options you will need to consider:
- Payment Method - the options displayed here will depend on which type(s) of payment gateway(s) are configured on your account. If you have only enabled credit card or eCheck processing, only that payment method will be available. If you offer both credit card and eCheck processing, you will need to choose which payment method is being saved.
- Disable Validation When Saving Payment Method on File - if enabled, a $0.00 authorization will be performed when the payment information is saved to ensure that it is valid. Disabling this option will skip the authorization but may allow invalid payment information to be saved.
- Add Payment Information - launches the Secure Payment Form.
Name and address fields will be automatically filled in based on the information in the Family profile. If there is a different name on the card, or if the card being saved uses a different mailing address/email/phone number these fields may need to be updated manually.
Enter the payment method details, then click SUBMIT to save the payment information to the gateway and link it to the family profile.
To keep save payment information on file, you must have a payment gateway set up on your account.