Creating a new family account in iClassPro is easy using the New Family Wizard! This feature will guide you through the process, prompting you every step of the way to be sure you have all of the information you need.
For those who prefer the traditional form to add a new family, you can still click the NEW FAMILY button below the search box in the left-hand menu to access that screen.
- Instructions for creating a family using the New Family Wizard
- Instructions for creating a family using the traditional New Family Form
- On the FAMILIES page, click the wizard icon (magic wand) to the right of the NEW FAMILY button in the left-hand menu.
- Enter the first name and last name for the primary guardian and choose their relationship to the students who will be created. (If you need to create additional relationships, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>FAMILY SETTINGS>RELATIONSHIPS.)
If you need to add a secondary guardian, click “Add Another.” Otherwise, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter the email address(es) for the guardian(s), choose an email type and choose whether the address will receive Email Blasts. To add more email addresses, click “Add Another.”
You can also set which email address will be considered the primary address – this email address will be used to log into the Parent Portal and will be considered the primary address for receiving statements and email communications. (If you need to create additional email types, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>EMAIL TYPES.)
Once you have added all email addresses to be associated with the family, click “Next” to continue.
To help prevent duplicate primary emails in the system, the system will check to see if the email address you entered is being used by any other families when you tab away from the field and warn you if any are found.
- Enter the phone number(s) for the guardian(s), choose a phone type and choose whether the phone number will receive text messages. To add more phone numbers, click “Add Another.” (If you need to create additional phone types, you can do this under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>PHONE TYPES.)
Once you have added all phone numbers to be associated with the family, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter the mailing address for the guardian(s). If you need to add a secondary address, click “Add Another.” Otherwise, click “Next” to continue.
- Enter additional information about the family, including referral information, enabling any special discounts they may be entitled to, assigning family keywords and entering any custom field data. (For more information about special discounts and how to set them up on your discount schedule(s), please see our Knowledge Base article here: https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569368)
Once you have filled in the additional information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review the information you entered. If you need to make any changes, click the pencil/edit icon in the upper right-hand corner of the section you need to edit and you will be taken back to the appropriate screen to make your changes. (After making the change, click “Next” to save the change and move to the next page.)
- Once the information is all correct, click the SAVE button to save the family. A SAVED SUCCESSFULLY screen will come up if everything saved without error. Click the “Add Another” button to add another family, or “Close & View Details” to close the wizard and open the family details. (You can add payment information by clicking on the “Billing” tab, or add students using the “New Student” button in the upper right-hand corner.)
If you have finished adding family details, click “Close” to exit the wizard and return to the FAMILIES screen.
- Go to the family section and click on New Family.
- Enter family details. Important information to include is at least one guardian name or contact, a phone number, physical address, email, and "How did you hear about us?." Some of this information is found under the "View More" link below the email addresses in the default view. This info is required on the online signup forum, and should also be completed by staff members for consistent and complete records.
If you need to create additional email address fields, click the "Add Another" button just above the Emails section.
- Save Family. This will activate some of the remaining optional tabs of information.
- (Optional) Enter Students using the add student button to the right.
- (Optional) Enter new Enrollments for students in this family at the bottom of the page.
- (Optional) Enter any charges or payments on the family ledger.
- (Optional) Enter any Autopay information that may be required to store on file in the Autopay Tab of the family details.
- (Optional) Enter written Policy Agreements if the family has agreed to your policies on paper.
- (Optional) Attach any Keywords to the family which may apply from the Keywords tab.
- (Optional) Include any special Notes about the family in the notes tab.
- (Optional) Fill out any Custom Fields that have been created for use by your business.
- Save any additional changes since step 3.
Policies Tab: Below is an example of the written policies being saved on file. To have a family agree to a set of policies that is printable from this window, have the family go online to the parent portal using the email address they provided to agree electronically.
Billing Options Tab:To keep autopay information on file, you must have a gateway set up on your account. Then, go to the Billing options tab, enter the customer's payment information and click Submit Information, and then save the family. Pressing Submit sends the information to the gateway to be stored and creates a link to that profile within iClassPro. Saving the family saves the link between the family in iClassPro and the gateway.