IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to record student skill evaluations in the Office Portal from the STUDENTS, CLASSES or CAMPS page and which options are available to record multiple evaluations at once.
- What options are available for recording skill evaluations in the Office Portal?
- Evaluating a Student from the STUDENTS page
- Evaluating a Student from the CLASSES or CAMPS page
- Evaluating Multiple Students at Once
- Evaluating Multiple Skills at Once
- Passing Students in Levels/Events
- Star Legend
- Quick Evaluations
What options are available for recording skill evaluations in the Office Portal?
After you have created Skill Trees and linked them to programs, classes, and/or camps, you can evaluate your students performance. There are two ways to do this: directly from the individual student’s page or from the classes or camps page the student is enrolled in.
Evaluating a Student from the STUDENTS page
To evaluate students’ skills, go to the STUDENTS page.
Find the student you are needing to evaluate skills for and select the star icon next to their name. This opens the skill evaluation screen.
By default, only skills associated with classes the student is currently enrolled in will show. If you wish to evaluate them on other skills, click the “Entire Skill Tree” option to show all skills in your system.
To evaluate a skill, click the arrow to the left of a particular level or event. Locate the skill you wish to evaluate and click the dropdown arrow to open the evaluation window. From here, choose a star rating and leave an optional comment.
Select the “Submit Evaluation” button to save.
Note: Skills can also be edited or even deleted by selecting the skill and clicking on the pencil next to the evaluation needing to be edited. Now simply make needed changes and click “update evaluation” to save the changes or “delete evaluation” to delete the evaluation completely.
Evaluating a Student from the CLASSES or CAMPS page
To evaluate students’ skills, go to the CLASSES or CAMPS page.
Find the class/camp you are needing to evaluate skills for and select the star icon next to the name. This opens the skill evaluation screen that shows different Levels and Events associated to the class/camp.
You can also expand a Level or Event to view the skills attached to it.
To the right of each Level and Event, there is a shortcut to the Grid view. This view shows all students/skills in a unified view, which allows you to evaluate multiple students or skills at once.
Click the “Grid View” icon next to the Level or Event you for which you would like to evaluate skills to open the Grid view.
There are a number of filters available to limit the list of students who are shown in the grid. Click the “Skill Filters” option in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to apply these filters.
Available Skills Filters
- Rating (Note: this filter may vary from the screenshot shown above based on your skill setup under SETTINGS>SKILLS>SKILL RATINGS.)
- 1 Star
- 2 Star
- 3 Star
- Current and Future – shows only students with a current or future enrollment in the selected class/camp.
- Current – shows only students with a current enrollment in the selected class/camp.
- Past – shows only students with past enrollment in the selected class/camp.
- Future – shows only students with a future enrollment in the selected class/camp.
- All – shows students with any enrollment in the selected class/camp.
- Hide Student(s) Absent Today – enabling this filter will hide any students who have been marked Absent from the selected class/camp on the current date.
- Display Options
- Show Start Date – displays the student’s assigned start date for the selected Level or Event (see the “Quick Evaluations (Levels/Skills)” section below).
- Show Due Date – displays the student’s assigned due date for the selected Level or Event (see the “Quick Evaluations (Levels/Skills)” section below).
- Show Passed Date – displays the date that the student was marked “Passed” for the selected Level or Event.
To leave an evaluation for a single student, locate the star associated with the student and skill needing evaluation. This pulls up the evaluation screen where you can select a star rating and leave an optional comment.
Select the “Submit Evaluation” button to save.
Evaluating Multiple Students at Once
From the class grid view, select the name of the skill needing evaluating in the far left column.
This pulls up the evaluation page for all students. You can mark each students rating individually or click the star rating above the list to mark them all the same. Once you are finished, hit "Submit Evaluations.
Evaluating Multiple Skills at Once
From the class grid view, select the name of the student needing to be evaluated.
This pulls up a student evaluation page. From here you can mark each skill individually or select the stars at the top to mark all skills the same. Once you are finished, hit "Submit Evaluations."
Passing Students in Levels/Events
From the student view go to the students page and locate the student that you are needing to evaluate skills for. Click the star to the left of their name.
To the right of each level or event there will be a toggle switch to mark the student as passed. Simply click the switch to enable/disable it. The system will automatically save the change.
From the class/camp grid view, select the name of the Level or Event needing to be evaluated. This will bring up a list of all students enrolled in the class/camp with several options. Within this view, you can navigate/limit the view to specific Levels or Events using the drop-down menus at the top of the window.
Pro Tip!: Clicking on the Level will show all Events attached to that Level in the window that launches; clicking on an Event will only show that one Event. If you need to perform tasks related to all Events, it may be best to click on the Level and set the options from there.
From this view, you can perform a number of tasks related to skill evaluations for Levels/Events:
- Set a start/due date for all students by adding it to the Level or Event itself.
- Set or edit individual start/due dates for skill evaluations on a per-student basis if needed.
- Mark a student passed (or revoke the pass) by using the switch on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Mark all students passed (or revoke the pass) by toggling this switch for the Level or Event. (NOTE: if you mark all Events passed by toggling the Level switch, toggling the Level switch back only removes the “Passed” status for the Level itself. You will need to manually remove the “Passed” status for each Event.)