IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about adding and maintaining Inventory counts for Products in the Point of Sale module.
- Accessing the Inventory screen
- Making manual Inventory adjustments
- Using the Inventory “Reset” button
- Updating Inventory using the export/import CSV
Accessing the Inventory screen
You can access the “Inventory” screen by navigating to SETTINGS>POINT OF SALE>INVENTORY.
The Inventory section provides a list of each item variant in your product database along with its SKU, the location(s) at which the item is available and the quantity on hand. Use the [+] or [-] buttons on the right-hand side to update quantities. (Be sure to click SAVE at the top of the screen to update the totals.)
Clicking on the item name will take you to the product listing to edit specific details.
The search box at the top of the screen can be used to search for a specific item. Filters are available to set minimum/maximum quantities, choose specific vendors and/or select locations.
Making manual Inventory adjustments
When making adjustments from the Inventory screen, you can select adjustment types via dropdown menu. Adjustment types include:
- New Stock
Using the Inventory “Reset” button
The "Reset" button will allow “zeroing” out the inventory count for the item. Clicking the button brings up a warning screen:
- Resetting a product's inventory will be reflected in the Audit Log with the following Action note:
- If a product's inventory is Reset, an Adjustment Type of ZERO will be shown on the Point of Sale: Inventory on Hand Report (FIN-20) if the option to show "Inventory Log Details" is enabled for the report.
You can view Inventory/Adjustment history by clicking the “More” icon (three horizontal lines) to the right of the “Update Quantity By” column in the Inventory view. Adjustments shown will only reflect changes since the last Reset action.
Updating Inventory using the export/import CSV
If you are using Inventory Tracking and SKUs are assigned to all Products and variations, Inventory counts can also be updated using a CSV spreadsheet.
- From the Inventory view, you can filter the view as you wish, then click EXPORT.
- Download the CSV file from your Background Tasks.
- Open the CSV file in Excel or other spreadsheet program, then edit the inventory quantities and pricing overrides as needed.
NOTE: The import/export file includes both “Internal ID” and “SKU” fields – if there is no Internal ID entered, the system will attempt to match by SKU during the import.(For example, if the product has inventory tracking enabled but has no variants, there may only be an Internal ID assigned. If there are variants, they will each have a unique SKU.)
- Save your changes.
- Use the IMPORT button to select your CSV file and update the Inventory details.
The Point of Sale feature is only available for iClassPro Plus customers. Please visit https://www.iclasspro.com/plus for more information about this service and how to sign up!