Some of the options in the New Payment window will not be available unless your business has signed up for a Gateway account to process transactions online through iClassPro's interface.
Note that you cannot use the New Payment screen to apply existing credit to charges. For instructions on applying existing credit, see the Applying Credits and Payments in Customer Ledgers article.
How to Create a New Payment
Note: If you are using a multi-location iClassPro account, make sure that you have the location selected at the top of the page that you would like associated with this record of payment.
- Find the family or student you are creating the payment for.
- Click the Ledger icon ($) to open ledger options.
- Click on New Payment.
- Edit the Payment Title and Date if necessary.
- Select the Payment Type you are using to collect payment.
- Type in the Amount of the payment.
Note: You can include check numbers or additional information in the reference field (such as the original transaction ID if you are creating an external credit card payment). Reference notes show on the bank deposit report.
- Check the boxes for Charges to apply the payment. If the payment is not applied, it will sit in the customer's account as non-applied credit for future use.
- Click Process Payment to record the payment on the customer's ledger.PAYMENT TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
Autopay - Stored payment information. Requires Gateway.
Credit Card Manual - Type in fields. Requires Gateway.
Credit Card Swipe - Requires Gateway and USB Card Swiper with Keyboard Emulation Mode (KEM)
E-Check - Bank to bank transfer. Requires Gateway.
External Credit Card - Externally processed credit cards (such as those run on a chip-enabled terminal).
Cash - Cash transaction in hand. Has "Give Change" option toward the bottom of the window.
Check - Physical Check.
CREDIT TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
Coupon - Account credit being issued in exchange for a coupon.
House - Account credit being issued by your business as a courtesy to the customer.
Other - Account credit being issued for some other reason.