Some of the options in the New Payment window will not be available unless your business has signed up for a Gateway account to process transactions online through iClassPro's interface.
Note that you cannot use the New Payment screen to apply existing credit to charges. For instructions on applying existing credit, see the Applying Credits and Payments in Customer Ledgers article.
How to Create a New Payment
Note: If you are using a multi-location iClassPro account, make sure that you have the location selected at the top of the page that you would like associated with this record of payment.
- Find the family or student you are creating the payment for.
- Click the Ledger icon ($) to open ledger options.
- Click on New Payment.
- Edit the Payment Title and Date if necessary.
- Select the Payment Type you are using to collect payment.
- Type in the Amount of the payment. Note: If you are not creating a credit, skip the Credit Type and Credit Amount fields. These fields are useful for applying coupons. You can also include check numbers or additional information in the reference field. Reference notes show on the bank deposit report.
- Check the boxes for Charges to apply the payment. If the payment is not applied, it will sit in the customers's account as non-applied credit for future use.
- Click Process Payment to record the payment on the customer's ledger.PAYMENT TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
Autopay Stored payment information. Requires Gateway.
Credit Card Manual Type in fields. Requires Gateway.
Credit Card Swipe Requires Gateway and USB Card Swiper with Keyboard Emulation Mode (KEM)
E-Check Bank to bank transfer. Requires Gateway.
External Credit Card Externally processed credit cards.
Cash Cash transaction in hand. Has "Give Change" option.
Check Physical Check.
Note: When making a payment, you can also print or email the receipt and check a box to make iClassPro calculate the change to give a customer by using the check boxes next to the Check/Reference number.