IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how Rooms are used in iClassPro and how to create them.
- What is a Room?
- How do I create a Room?
- How do I assign a Room to a class?
- How do I mass assigning Rooms to Classes?
What is a Room?
Rooms describe locations in your facility where classes may be held. If your business hosts several classes at once, assigning rooms to different classes can be helpful to let customers know where their particular class is being held.
Rooms are displayed on the CLASSES page by default. There are also various settings to allow showing Rooms in the Staff Portal, Customer Portal, and Check-In Kiosk.
How do I create a Room?
To start, navigate to Settings > Setup > General Settings > Rooms.
- Click "Add New Room." This will open a new window.
- Name the room. Room labels can be a room number, floor rotation number, swim lanes, etc., and will display on some reports and the Classes page.
- Click "Create" to create and save the room.
How do I assign a Room to a class?
To assign a room, navigate to the Classes Page. Then click on the pencil icon next to the class and in the details, select a room from the drop down.
After choosing the room where the class meets, save your changes.
How do I mass assigning Rooms to Classes?
- To assign a room en masse, go to the Classes Page.
- Filter the class list using any applicable filters and search tools on the left side of the page to find classes.
- If necessary, adjust your page view to include more results (top & bottom right of list).
- Select any classes you would like to change to the new room.
- Click the Quick Edit tool (the icon that looks like a pencil with three lines next to it).
- Select the Room you wish to assign to the selected classes.
PRO TIP! If you would like to make additional changes to these classes at the same time, you may. If you are not changing any information other than the room, leave the other items blank or set to the default "-DO NOT CHANGE-" option.
- Click Save to make the desired changes.
A background task will start to update the classes you have selected. When that task completes, all classes should reflect the new room. (In some circumstances, you may need to refresh the classes page to see the updates.)