Note: To create a Discount Schedule for multiple class or multiple student discounts, go to Settings > Setup > Class Settings > Discount Schedules and click "Create New"
Note: Discount schedules must be applied to a program underneath Settings > Setup > General Settings > Programs or directly to classes using the override option if a class is an exception to the program's main discount schedule.
Discount schedules always count ALL class enrollments for a student when using the discount tables and order them according to the settings within the Discount Schedule. However, only classes which are set up to use the discount schedule will receive any discounts from that table.
- Name your discount schedule (ex: "Recreational Discounts")
- Count Classes/Hours By: This field controls the way that classes, or hours are counted in the table where the discounts are defined. Each class is considered a row in that table. The counting option is then used to locate within that table, which discounts to use for class enrollments. There are two ways to count: "One at a Time" or "Total". If you set it to count classes "one at a time," each class enrollment will be assigned a row on the table and each enrollment will assume the discount in that corresponding row/cell. If you count classes by "total," all of a student's classes will use the same discount from the table cell matching the total number of classes they are enrolled in.
- Count Students By: Similar to count classes/hours, this setting deals with how to count students in a family. There are two ways to count: "One at a Time" or "Total". If you count students "one at a time," each unique student in a family is assigned a column in the discount schedule. So student one will receive the discounts in column one, student two will receive the discounts in column two, etc. If you count students by "total," all of the family's students will be assigned to a single column of discounts within the discount table which corresponds to the total number of enrolled students in that family.
- Students Ordered By: (assuming you count students one at a time) There are two ways to order students in the discount schedule: "Most expensive class" or "Highest Total Tuition". If you order students by "most expensive class," the student with the highest tuition rate out of all family enrollments will be set as student 1 in the discount table. The rest of the students will be ordered by descending tuition rates. If you order students by "highest total tuition," then the student in the family with the highest combined tuition rate across all of his/her enrollments is considered student 1 and the rest of the students will be ordered by descending tuition totals.
- Minimum Charge Amount: This is a dollar or percentage amount of tuition that must be met. In other words, if the tuition for a class can never be discounted below a specific dollar fee or percentage of the tuition rate, that amount is entered here. (If you do not have a minimum charge requirement for classes, you can skip this setting.)
Select the tab for the table you wish to edit. Below, the Monthly Billing Schedule discount table has been selected. The discounts in this table will only be applied to classes/enrollments set up to use both this discount schedule and the monthly billing schedule.
Note: If there is not a row or column for the number of students or class enrollments in the discount schedule, iClassPro will use the last discount entered above or to the left of where the row/column would to determine the discount.
Tip: Use the + Add a Row/Column buttons to add more rows & columns. Use the red X next to a row or column to remove it from the table.
Part 1. Entering special discount rates.
Set discount dollar amounts or percentages for Employee, Service, Members, or Earlybird Discounts and click save.
There is not currently a feature to create your own special discount fields. However the included fields can be used in any way you see fit. Below are brief descriptions of included discounts:
Employee Discount: For the families of the employees at your business.
Service Discount: For military families.
Member Discount: For paid family members of your business.
Earlybird Discount: For paying tuition by an early bird date (NOT for early registration).
Special Discounts Tab
Part 2. Apply Special Discounts to Families.
To receive special discounts, a family must have their eligibility marked on the family information page. Go to the families page, find the family you wish to edit, and click the Pencil icon to edit the family.
Scroll to the bottom of the window, click the blue View More option, and then click the Special Discounts link to display the section shown on the right. Select Yes for the discounts the family is eligible for. Then click save.
Note: Earlybird Discount eligibility dates can only be set when creating charges.Applying Discount Schedules to Programs
Double click a program to edit it and attach the discount schedule. Then click save.
Overriding a Discount Schedule for a Specific Class
Go to the classes page, click the pencil icon next to the class that uses a different discount schedule from its program.
Click on the Billing tab in the class information. At the bottom of the window, select the Discount Schedule you would like to be sued for this class.