IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Bank Deposit Report (FIN-2), its filter options, and how to generate it.
What is the Bank Deposit Report?
The Bank Deposit Report is used to track the state of income coming into and exiting the business in the form of new payments, credits, refunds and deleted transactions. The report includes details about all payments recorded within the specified date range, including the Payment “Active Date”, payment method used, credit card type (with last four digits of the card), transaction/check number data (if manually recorded in that field), amount, and primary guardian name.
While deleted payments are included, they are separated out at the bottom of the report to give you an accurate total for operational bank deposits. The bottom of the report allows you to account for deleted payments and to see how those deletions may affect program and charge category totals.
- Click here for detailed information about how the Bank Deposit Report reflects payment information, including changes made to payments over a date range.
NOTE: Chosen filters that relate to enrollments will produce results that are true based on the “As of Date” you select when generating the report.
If you commonly use the same filters when running this report, you can now save them as Presets! Simply load a Preset Filter whenever you open the report page, set your date range and click to generate the report in your preferred format. See our "Preset Filters for Reports" document for more information.
The Bank Deposit Report is available in either HTML, PDF, XLS or CSV format.
- START DATE/END DATE: the system will only show payments with a “Active Date” that falls within these days.
- LOCATIONS: the system will only include charges/payments associated with the selected Location(s) in the results.
- CHOOSE PROGRAM: selecting one or more specific programs will limit the results only to payments applied to charges assigned to the selected program(s) within the specified date range of the report. (Leaving this filter blank will include all programs.)
- CHOOSE INSTRUCTOR: selecting one or more instructors will limit the results only to payments created by that instructor within the specified date range of the report. (Leaving this filter blank will include all instructors.)
- PAYMENT METHOD: selecting one or more payment methods will limit results only to payments created assigned to that payment method within the specified date range of the report.
See our “What are Payment Types and Credit Types document for more information about these payment methods.
- Credit Card
- Credit Card Present
- Credit Card - Swipe/Insert/Tap
- External Credit Card
- CREDIT METHOD: selecting one or more credit methods will limit results only to payments created assigned to that credit method within the specified date range of the report.
See our “What are Payment Types and Credit Types document for more information about these credit methods.
- Gift Card
- SORT: defines how the results will be sorted. The “Sort by Transaction Method” is selected by default to group entries of the same transaction method separately. Deselecting this option will sort all entries by “Active Date” regardless of the transaction method.
- SHOW: selecting one or more options will display additional columns on the report with the chosen information.
- Programs and Charge Categories - displays the Program and Charge Category to which a payment/credit was applied at the time it was recorded. (NOTE: if a payment was applied to multiple charges, there will be an entry for each charge with the appropriate amount applied. When totaled, these should match the full payment amount.)
- Locations - displays the Location at which the payment/credit was recorded.
- E-Mail - displays the primary email address of the family associated with the payment/credit.
- Created By - displays the name of the staff member that created the payment/credit.
- PRINT LAYOUT
- Landscape - will generate the report in Landscape mode (rather than Portrait).