IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Online Activity window, what types of Customer Portal activity trigger entries, and how to review and process activity items.
- What is the Online Activity window?
- How to use the Online Activity Window
- Using the Mass Approve, Email, and Dismiss Buttons
- Email Button
What is the Online Activity window?
The Online Activity window is a list of notifications of activity from the Customer Portal.
There are notification types for the following Customer Portal events:
- Absence - Future absence requests
- Autopay - Saved payment information updates
- Payments - Online payments
- Gift Card - Gift card/Gift certificate purchases
- New Accounts - New family accounts created
- Enrollments - New enrollments and enrollment requests
- Drop - Enrollment Drop requests
- Transfers - Enrollment Transfer requests and auto-approvals
- Parties - New party bookings
- Policies - Policy acceptances/rejections
- Students - New student accounts added to families
- Online Orders - New online Point of Sale purchases. (NOTE: it is imperative that staff regularly check the Online Activity for “Online Order”-type notifications so purchased items can be pulled from available stock. This will help prevent situations where items could get sold in-house before the customer can pick them up.)
To view the Online Activity window, go to the home page, click Online Activity icon at the bottom of every page in iClassPro.
When you receive new requests the Portal icon will display a red area with the number of notifications.
When you have processed all the activity, the icon will not show a notification area -- as seen below.
If you have one of the Online Activity-related List Widgets installed on your Dashboard, clicking on the widget will also launch the Online Activity window.
How to use the Online Activity Window
Below is an example of the window with the sorting options at the top The default filters are all Types of notifications with the 10 notifications per page sorted from oldest (at the top) to newest (at the end). Results can be filtered by type, pending or approved status, or whether or not there are notes with the enrollment.
Change the Type of activities, activities with Notes, activities by Status, or filter by Location for an easy way to process enrollment requests, review payments or new accounts, and more.
- You can use the "No Location" option to limit results to Location-independent items, such as entries related to Family and Student policies, or changes to family/student accounts not related to enrollments.
- To quickly view only online activity which requires approval, change the STATUS drop down to "Pending."
- Entries related to future absences may show multiple times if the absence will reflect enrollments at multiple locations.
If there is more than one page of requests, the number of requests which display per page as well as the page number can be changed by typing in the white box in the upper right hand corner, then pressing TAB on your keyboard to submit the change.
Using the Mass Approve, Email, and Dismiss Buttons
The Approve, E-mail, and Dismiss buttons all work by using the checkboxes on the left side of the screen next to each notification. You can complete these three tasks (approve, e-mail, and dismiss) for multiple accounts at once by checking off multiple requests (or use the check all box)-- saving your staff time and effort! For more about each feature, read about them below.
Approve Button: For actions which require approval (filter these out by using the "Pending" Status), use the Approve button for all checked boxes to approve multiple requests at once!
NOTE: We recommend viewing all the requests on a page before approving them this way. While you are in the individual request views, you can deny any requests you do not wish to approve. There is not a mass Deny button.
Dismiss Button: Actions which do not require approval will have an (x) Action for dismissal. You can also mass dismiss these actions (such as new account creations, payments, and autopay updates) by checking the boxes next to those activities and clicking the Dismiss button at the bottom of the window!
NOTE: Items without an (x) Action icon MUST be approved or denied. To prevent human error, they cannot be dismissed. If you have an item with an (x) Action icon selected and click Dismiss, you will receive an error message.
E-mail families from the Online Activity window! This feature makes it easier to communicate with new customers who have just set up an account as well as existing customers who have made changes.
This email screen can be used to communicate with multiple families or with one family at a time. Just check the box next to the family(ies) which you wish to e-mail, click the E-mail button, and enter the subject and body of your email into the window.
This email feature operates the same way as email blasts on other pages of iClassPro. You will see the number of selected families at the top of the window. When you are done entering the body of the email, click send.
NOTE: To customize the emails for each recipient, use the Email Variables help box to insert the correct variables in the email body. Because this action launches an Email Blast window, the system will abide by the family's choice to opt-in/opt-out of Email Blasts to determine if they receive the email or not.