IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to configure the General Settings area of your Customer Portal. These settings control what options customers will see, how those options are handled if they are enabled, and how the "Priority Registration" options are set.
You can view more detailed information about each setting below:
After making any changes, be sure to click “Save Settings.”
- Enable Mobile app – allows your business to turn off access via the Mobile App at any time.
- Allow Visitors to Create New Accounts Online – will enable/disable the option to create a new account (family) from the Customer Portal.
- Show Classes and Allow Visitors to Register for Them – will allow the Customer Portal to display all classes which are set to show online. The system will still only allow registration if that option is enabled on the class itself.
- Show Camps and Allow Visitors to Register for Them – will allow the Customer Portal to display all camp types with an active camp associated to them which is set to show online and is within its designated registration dates.
- Show Parties and Allow Visitors to Register for Them – if your business subscribes to the iPartyPro add-on, this setting turns on/off the option to “Book a Party” in the Customer Portal navigation.
- Show Student Punch Card Passes – if your business is using the “Punch Passes” feature, enabling this option will allow parents to view data regarding their punch passes via the Customer Portal.
- Show Class/Camp/Party List if Not Logged In – This setting enables/disables potential customers which do not have accounts on file with your gym from seeing your class/camp/party offerings. If disabled, only customers which login can see the offerings. Note: This does not override the options above it for showing camps/parties online.
- If enabled, this setting DOES override Priority Registration settings, and all classes/camps will be shown online until the visitor logs in. Once logged in, any Priority Registration settings will be enforced.
- Show FULL or OPEN Instead of Number of Openings – when enabled, the Customer Portal will only display the text “Full” or “Open” next to classes to indicate occupancy status. When disabled, the actual number of available class openings is displayed.
- Show Class/Camp Levels – controls whether the associated level is shown under the “Details” area for the Class.
- Show Class/Camp Instructors – controls whether the associated instructor(s) are shown under the “Details” area for the class or camp.
NOTE: If this option is enabled, then the full name entered on the Details tab for the staff member will be shown on the Customer Portal. If you wish to change how this is displayed to your customers, you need to customize the "Customer Staff Display" option under SETTINGS>SETUP>STAFF SETTINGS.
- Hide class start date if the start date is in the past – determines whether non-session classes with defined start dates will display the start date on the Customer Portal once the start date has passed.
- If ENABLED, then the dates will show until the start date passes, at which point they will be hidden.
- If DISABLED, class start dates will always display.
- Show Tuition Amounts – for classes, this will show the amount of the default tuition that is associated with the class.
- Show Full Class Descriptions if Not Logged In – enables/disables the option for customers who are not signed in to view the “Details” area on a class.
- Show Skill Evaluations in Customer Portal – enables/disables the navigation link to the “Evaluations” section in the “My Accounts” section after logging in, which displays skill trees and evaluations.
- Show Student Images in Customer Portal – enables/disables the use of the student image stored on the student profile.
- Show Zone in Customer Portal - controls whether the Zone assigned to a Class/Camp is shown on the Customer Portal/Mobile App.
- Zone Label – allows you to customize the text displayed instead of “Zone” (e.g., "Lane", "Area" or "Room.")
- Show Only Evaluated Skills in Customer Portal – allows your business to show either all the skills or only the evaluated skills for the portions of the skill tree(s) which relate to a student’s enrollment in the Customer Portal.
- Auto-Expand Family Policies in Customer Portal – enabling this option will show the full text of family policies in Customer Portal without requiring customers to expand them.
- Auto-Expand Student Policies in Customer Portal – enabling this option will show the full text of student policies in Customer Portal without requiring customers to expand them.
- Hide Student Medical Information - allows your business to either show or hide the Physician/Hospital/Insurance fields when creating or editing students in the Customer Portal. The Allergies/Special Medical Concerns field is still displayed.
- Show Attendance in Customer Portal – enables/disables the navigation link to the “Attendance” section in the “My Accounts” section after logging in, which displays current and past attendance history.
- Allow Future Absence Requests – must be enabled for future absences to show in the Customer Portal, including the option to request a future absence via the Customer Portal. If this option is enabled, the following options will appear to configure this feature:
- Enable Deny Option for Future Absence Requests in Online Activity Window - if left disabled, future absence requests will only show the option to "Approve" when viewing Online Activity.
- Auto-Approve Future Absence Requests – If enabled, all future absences created through the Customer Portal will be automatically approved. Auto-approved requests will be marked Unexcused by default unless the following option is enabled.
- Excuse Auto-Approved Future Absence Requests - If enabled, all future absences created through the Customer Portal that are automatically approved will be marked as Excused.
- Limit Excused Absences To At Least X Days/Hours/Minutes From Today – families will only be able to submit a future absence request prior to the number of days/hours/minutes specified here. For example, if you enter “2 hours”, they will not be able to request an absence any closer than two hours prior to class time.
- Limit Absence Start Date to At Most X Days From Today – families will only be able to submit a future absence request for the number of days specified here. For example, if you enter “14”, they will not be able to request an absence for any further than 2 weeks from the current date.
- Default Session to Show on the Class List – allows the Classes section of the Customer Portal to be automatically filtered to display classes associated with a specific session or rolling session when opened.
- Sort Classes/Camps – choose how to sort the classes/camps displayed in the Customer Portal
- By Date/Time – classes/camps are listed chronologically based on the day of the week/time they occur. (The list is arranged Sunday-Saturday.)
- Name - classes/camps are listed alphabetically based on the Class Name.
- Default Location – allows accounts with multiple location subscriptions to choose which location will be shown automatically when the Customer Portal is opened.
If "Show Class/Camp/Party List if Not Logged In" is enabled, that setting will override Priority Registration settings, and all classes/camps will be shown online until the visitor logs in. Once logged in, any Priority Registration settings will be enforced.
- Global Priority Registration Mode - when enabled, this option limits registration for ALL classes and/or camps to only families or students with a particular keyword assigned. When disabled, the system will only limit registration access based on specific class “Priority Registration Dates.”
(See the "Priority Registration Mode" section of our "Customer Portal Registration Modes" article for detailed information about this option.)
- Priority Class Registration Keyword - when enabled, this option allows only families/students with a particular keyword assigned to access online registration for classes.
- Priority Camp Registration Keyword - when enabled, this option allows only families/students with a particular keyword assigned to access online registration for camps.