IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to access the Audit Log, what it is used for, and how to search Audit Log entries to research specific enrollment details, transactions, etc.
What is the Audit Log?
The Audit Log in iClassPro is a tool available to the business owner and admin users that allows the user to see actions taken by staff members within iClassPro and also certain types of Customer Portal actions such as new accounts and enrollments.
Audit Log entries are retained for two years.
How is the Audit Log used?
To access the audit log, navigate to PROFILE PICTURE (user menu) > AUDIT LOG.
Note: Only staff members that have been granted "Admin Access (Full Permissions)" or who have been given advanced permissions to do so have access to the Audit Log.
Each Audit Log entry contains the following information:
- Date and Time - the date/time when an action was performed.
- Member Name - the name of the user who performed the action. This may be a staff member or family name, depending on the source of the action.
- Username - the username of the person logged in who performed the action. This may be a staff member, a member of iClassPro's support team, or a family name, depending on the source of the action.
- Source - the activity source of the action. This could be:
- Office Portal
- Staff Portal
- Customer Portal
- Mobile App
- Check-In Kiosk
- Time Clock Kiosk
- IP Address - the IP address assigned to the device used to complete the action.
- Action - notes about the specific action taken.
- Affected Records - allows you to view details about the specific records that were affected by the action. (NOTE: This column will only be populated under certain circumstances. Activity that does not update a record, such as logging into or out of the system, will not create an entry.)
- NOTE: Clicking on the "book" icon in this column will bring up a screen listing the specific records that were updated and details about which action(s) took place. Depending on what actions were taken, you may be given the option to click on a "magnifying glass" icon within this screen to launch the details/edit window for the affected record.
At the top of the left-hand navigation menu, there is a search box that will allow you to search for information associated with specific Audit Log records. From here, you can search by:
- Name (Staff or Customer)
- Since Charges and Payments are connected to families, be sure to search the primary guardian name when searching for these items.
- Since Enrollments are connected to students, be sure to search the name of the student when searching for enrollment/attendance records.
- Staff Username
- Action Details (delete, update, create, payment, charge, etc.)
You can also combine information in your search! (01/01/2015 5:10 pm admin deleted Smith)
Below the search box, there are also filters available to further limit results by:
- Date range
- Specific staff user(s)
- Activity source
NOTE: While there are no reports available to export audit log entries, the results can be copied/pasted into Excel if needed.