IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to create a new camp for a limited-time event (usually one week or less) or private lessons.
Follow the steps below to configure your necessary settings and create your new camp:
- STEP 1: Create Programs to track income
- STEP 2: Create a Charge Category to track income
- STEP 3: Create a Pricing Schedule
- STEP 4: Create a Camp Type (Optional)
- STEP 5: Create Your New Camp
- Other Customer Portal Options
- Duplicating a Camp
- Restrictions on editing camp details
STEP 1: Create Programs to track income
All camps must be attached to a Program to record charges and track enrollments. If you already have a program you would like to record income under for this camp, you can skip this step.
STEP 2: Create a Charge Category to track income
All charges associated with camps created from the Customer Portal will have the same Charge Category label. If you already have a Charge Category you would like to record income with for this camp, you can skip this step.
STEP 3: Create a Pricing Schedule
The Camp Pricing Schedule determines how much the system will charge for camp enrollments, including per-block amounts, sibling discounts, and special discounts. If multiple camps will charge the same amounts, you can use the same Pricing Schedule for all of them. If you already have a Pricing Schedule you would like to use for this camp, you can skip this step.
STEP 4: Create a Camp Type (Optional)
Camp Types group similar camps together to make them easier to locate in the Customer Portal.
All camps must be attached to a Camp Type. By default, your account will include a Camp Type titled "Camp". You can create additional Camp Types by adding a singular and plural title to the settings.
The Customer Portal will display the camp type image whenever a camp assigned to that type is within its Allowed Registration Dates. The recommended image size for Camp Types is 400px x 200px.
STEP 5: Create a Camp
NOTE: If you are creating camps that run for multiple weeks or have multiple sessions per day, you may wish to review our "Using the Camp Alias Feature" article prior to setting up your camp(s).
- Go to the CAMPS page.
- Click NEW CAMP.
- Add Camp DETAILS. Required information includes :
- Camp name
- Camp Type
- Age & Gender Requirements *
- Payment Settings
- Camp Pricing Schedule - assigns which Camp Pricing Schedule to use when creating a tuition charge for the camp.
- Amount Due at Signup
- Deposit Due Only - charges only the deposit amount specified in the Camp Pricing Schedule upon successful enrollment.
- Force Pay in Full - charges the full camp tuition cost specified in the Camp Pricing Schedule upon successful enrollment.
- No Charge - no charge is created upon successful enrollment.
- Camp Dates - defines the start and end dates of the camp
- Allowed Registration Dates - defines the dates during which the camp appears on the Customer Portal for customers to register, and also the dates during which customers are allowed to modify an existing enrollment in the camp.
* Age requirements must be entered in numbers. Determination of whether a student meets the "min" age requirement takes into consideration their age as of the camp End Date. The "max" age requirement takes into consideration their age as of the camp Start Date.
The "max" age can be handled in two different ways: as whole numbers or as decimals. Using a whole number will allow any student within that age year to register. Using a decimal will enforce partial years.
So in this scenario, using a whole number "max" age of 12 will allow any student between 12.0-12.9999 to register. Entering a decimal "max" age of 12.0 will not allow any student older than 12.0 years to register. (Therefore a student who is 12 years, 1 month would not qualify since they would be 12.0833 years old).
If you are basing the age on partial years, please refer to the following table for the appropriate decimal values. (So for example, a camp where the minimum age is 3 years, 4 months should be entered as 3.3333.)
Months Decimal Value 1 0.0833 2 0.1667 3 0.25 4 0.3333 5 0.4167 6 0.5 7 0.5833 8 0.6667 9 0.75 10 0.8333 11 0.9167
- Show On Web - the camp will be displayed on the Customer Portal within the specified "Allowed Registration Dates."
- Allow Web Registration - determines whether customers are allowed to create enrollments in the camp from the Customer Portal. If the "Show On Web" option is enabled and "Allow Web Registration" is left disabled, customers will be prompted to contact you to enroll.
- Allow Parents to Choose Days - determines whether parents can choose specific camp dates when registering. If left disabled, the student will be enrolled for the full duration of the camp. (If you allow parents to choose days, be sure your camp pricing schedule is set up to charge appropriately.)
- Auto Approve Requests - determines whether enrollments will be automatically approved providing the student meets all age/gender criteria and an opening exists. (NOTE: This option must be enabled for the system to create a tuition charge if "Force Pay in Full" is selected under "Amount Due at Signup" on the Details tab.)
- Display Schedule Alias in Place of Schedule Details - if you are using the Camp Alias feature, enabling this option will show the Alias name instead of the specific timeslot details.
- Camp Picture - the camp picture will be displayed under the camp details in the Customer Portal. If you are adding a camp picture, the recommended image size is 400px x 200px.
- Description - enter a description of the camp here for the parents to see under the camp details in the Customer Portal.
Schedules can be set up for a single date and time, varied dates and times, or weekly camp schedules:
- Weekly Schedule: Allows you to select weekdays for a recurring schedule over the dates of your camp.
- Specific Dates: Allows you to choose specific dates within the camp dates to add to the schedule.
Other Customer Portal Options
In addition to the options in the Customer Portal tab on each camp, there are also a few other options related to camps. These are located in SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>CAMP REGISTRATION.
- Count Camp Requests Against A Camp Openings: This works the same as on the class. Camp enrollment requests will count against the openings even before it is approved or denied. This can prevent you from receiving too many requests for a class that you can't fulfill. But, at the same time, you may not want to enable this if you want to receive ALL requests even if the camp is full.
- Allow Parent To Request A Camp That Is Full: This gives your parents the ability to send you a request for a Camp that is full. You then have the ability to over-ride the enrollment limit to complete the enrollment.
- Allow Parent To Request A Camp For A Student That Does Not Meet Camp Requirements Such As Age Or Gender: Gives your parents the ability to request an enrollment into your Camp without meeting your gender or age requirements. If the setting is checked, the requirements are skipped and the request is sent in to the staff using the Online Activity section of iClassPro for approval. If it is unchecked, the parent will receive a warning message if the student they are trying to enroll does not meet age or gender requirements and will not be allowed to continue.
- Require Payment When Modifying Camp Schedules: Allows you to require a payment for families which are modifying an existing camp enrollment to include more days. The drop down menu will give you two options:
- Charge the Difference (Recommended)- Charge an amount based on the difference in pricing listed the pricing schedule for each number of blocks (before and after the modification).
- Charge the Remainder Owed- Charge an amount based on the difference between what has already been charged to the customer and the new price for the enrollment as seen in the ricing schedule.
- Charge Nothing if Deposit Due Only is set on the Camp When Modifying a Schedule: In the case that a customer is editing an existing camp enrollment to add more days, and the only charge/payment up front for that camp is the deposit amount, this will not add any additional fees for the remaining balance because it assumes the deposit amount has already been paid.
- Anniversary Fee: This feature uses the Anniversary fee program and the charge category selected in the class section to also charge this fee for customers who have not paid within the timeframe on your Anniversary Settings and who are signing up for a camp, instead of a class.
- Allow Parent to Modify Camp Schedule: Lets customers modify an existing camp enrollment to add or remove blocks.
- Auto-Approve Charge Category: This is the label of the charge that is given to the Family when enrolling in a camp. This is a required field, even if you are not charging up front online for any of your camps because the camps can each be set to charge differently.
- Send Email Notification Upon Auto-Enrollment To Email Address Of Camp Location: An email will be sent to the location email address to notify staff members of the new camp enrollment.
Duplicating a Camp
Sometimes it can feel tedious to create a lot of similar camps or classes. That's why iClassPro created a shortcut with the "Create a Duplicate" feature.
For camps where the only information changing from week to week might be the name, the schedule, or other minor details (such as age or gender requirements), this feature can save you lots of time and effort.
- CREATE and SAVE your first camp.
- Use the pencil/edit icon to open the camp details.
- Click the "Create a Duplicate" button at the bottom of the window.
- In the duplicate camp window (labeled "Camp Details :: New Camp), edit the details to match the information for the new camp you want to create.
- SAVE the duplicate camp with the new details.
Restrictions on editing camp details
If needed, specific camp details (such as the title or description) can be edited after a camp has been created and enrollments have begun. However, some camp details cannot be edited since this may result in data loss or other issues.
Camp details that cannot or should not be edited include:
- Camp schedule blocks - while it is possible to ADD new camp schedule blocks after a camp has already been created, the system will not allow you to modify or delete any camp schedule block(s) that has existing enrollments connected with it. Attempting to do so will result in an error message being displayed.
- Camp start/end dates - while it is possible to extend the camp start/end dates after the camp has already been created, the system will not allow you to modify or delete any camp date(s) that has existing enrollments connected with it. Attempting to do so will result in an error message being displayed.
- Age and/or Gender Requirements - while changing the age and/or gender requirements is not restricted, it should be noted that any existing enrollments that do not meet the new criteria will remain. (For example, if a camp started off co-ed but you later changed it to female-only, any males enrolled in the camp will still keep their enrollments unless you delete them manually.)
- Maximum occupancy - while changing the maximum occupancy requirements is not restricted, it should be noted that any existing enrollments that would exceed the new criteria will remain. (For example, if a camp currently has 15 enrollments and you change this to 10, there will still be 15 enrollments in the camp. However, the system will not allow any new enrollments.)
- "Amount Due at Signup" settings - while changing the "Amount Due at Signup" setting is not restricted, it should be noted that any existing enrollments will still abide by the original setting. (For example, if you originally had this set to "Deposit Due Only" and changed it to "Force Pay in Full", any new enrollments will be required to pay the full amount. However, any existing enrollments will have only been charged the deposit amount and you will either need to manually create a charge or run the Camp Tuition Charges Task to charge them the remaining amount due.)