IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Account Updater feature, how it works, and how it can help your business.
- What is the Automatic Card Updater?
- How does it work?
- How can the Automatic Card Updater help my business?
NOTE: This document only applies to customers in the United States who are using iClassPro Payment Services.
What is the Automatic Card Updater?
Automatic Card Updater is a feature that automatically updates saved credit card information on file for cards that are expired or replaced with new card numbers. This ensures that you always have up-to-date details for credit cards on file. This is primarily useful for merchants that engage in recurring billing.
If you engage in this type of billing, it is inevitable that you receive some percentage of authorization failures each billing period due to changed account information. Normally, someone in your organization would then contact the cardholder to obtain updated information and re-submit the transaction. This ties-up your resources, causes additional expenses, and runs the risk of the cardholder ending the service.
This feature is currently available to US merchants only.
How does it work?
The Account Updater feature works completely behind the scenes by checking for updated card information from the card networks once per month for cards stored on file.
- The update process is initiated on the 25th of each month.
- Based on the updater's findings, card data is updated around the 1st of the month.
- Updates any card within the last 2 years with payment activity.
- Each time the information is updated, an email will be sent listing every update.
- The Account Updater Report (FIN-22) report can be run at any time to generate a list of families whose stored payment information has automatically been updated by the account updater within a specified date range.
For more information about the updater and how to have this feature added to your account, click here.
How can the Automatic Card Updater help my business?
- Increase revenue by increasing approvals and avoiding declined transactions
- Decrease risk of cancellations
- Decrease expense of the time it takes to manually update customer information
- Improved customer experience and satisfaction
The Account Updater Report (FIN-22) report is available to generate a list of families whose stored payment information has automatically been updated by the account updater within a specified date range. The report includes Family Name, Last Four Digits, Expiration Month/Year, and Last Updated date.