IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the different credit types available and how to issue credit from the family ledger.
If you are using a multi-location iClassPro account, make sure that you have the location selected at the top of the page that you would like associated with this credit balance.
Crediting Account Credit
- Navigate to the FAMILIES or STUDENTS page.
- Find the family or student to whom you wish to issue credit.
- Click the Ledger icon/Currency symbol to open ledger options.
- Click on New Payment.
- Edit the Payment Title and Date if necessary.
- Under the Payment Type drop-down menu, choose one of the Credit Types.
- See below for more information about the different Credit Type options.
- Type in the Amount of credit that should be issued.
Note: You can also include check numbers or additional information in the reference field. Reference notes show on the bank deposit report.
- If the credit should be immediately applied to outstanding charges, select those charges in the "Apply to Outstanding Charges" section. If nothing is selected in this section, the credit will remain on the customer's account as non-applied credit for future use.
- Click Process Payment to record the credit on the customer's ledger.
- Coupon - Account credit being issued in exchange for a coupon.
- House - Account credit being issued by your business as a courtesy to the customer.
- Other - Account credit being issued for some other reason.
- GiftCard - Account credit being issued following the purchase of a Gift Certificate.
Note: When issuing credit, you can also print or email a receipt to show that the credit was issued.