IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Appointment Tuition Charges task and how to use it to charge tuition fees to students in bulk from the TRANSACTIONS>APPOINTMENT TUITION CHARGES screen.
- What are Appointment Tuition Charges?
- Duplicate Charge Detection
- Running Appointment Tuition Charges
- Record Keeping
What are Appointment Tuition Charges?
Appointment Tuition Charges will allow you to preview and post (process) outstanding charges for all students with bookings tied to one or more Appointments.
This tool is particularly useful for businesses that operate Appointments in request mode (that is, where "Auto Approve Appointments" is disabled under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>APPOINTMENTS>GENERAL APPOINTMENT SETTINGS). In request mode, iClassPro does not bill the family automatically because there is no guarantee that the booking will be approved by the staff member. In this case, any unbilled tuition amounts can be charged from the Appointments Tuition Charges task.
NOTE: Accounts with multiple locations will need to run this task separately for each location.
Duplicate Charge Detection
If a customer has an Appointment tuition charge for a given booking on their ledger that uses the charge category selected for the Appointment Tuition Charges task, the charge will be seen as a duplicate and deselected in the Appointment Tuition Charges preview so that it will not be processed.
Running Appointment Tuition Charges
Follow the instructions below to place charges on customer accounts for the desired Appointment bookings.
Note: If your business runs multiple locations out of one account, the location selected at the top left-hand side of the screen will dictate which location is being billed.
- Navigate to the Transactions page.
- On the left side of the page, select Appointment Tuition Charges.
- Choose the Charge Category to label the charge that will be created.
- In the Student Active filter, select the type of dates to use and then enter the appropriate date, month, or custom date range according to the fields provided.
- Enter a Charge Date to indicate when the fee is being assessed (In financial reports, payments will not show as applied to these charges until the charge date.)
- Enter a Due Date to indicate to the customer when payment is due for the charges.
- (Optional) Choose Bill Only Selected Appointments to specify certain bookings for billing, rather than billing all bookings which take place within the date range established by the "Student Active" filter.
- Click Preview. The preview will generate in your background tasks for safe keeping but should open automatically if you do not navigate away from the page.
- At the top of the preview is a Filter Summary. Clicking Show will allow you to review all filters from the previous page.
- Review the charges that have been calculated for errors. The preview will list all bookings the system found which match your filters. Bookings with a box highlighted in blue will be billed.
- If you have questions about how the system determined a particular tuition price, expanding the entry will reveal the calculations used, including any discounts/proration.
- NOTE: If you make corrections to Appointments or bookings, you must run a new preview to see the changes.
- When you are ready, click Process to post the charges to customer accounts.
NOTE: Posting the charges can take some time. You can review the progress of the task in your background task.
Once complete, the task status will read "Done"and a down arrow will appear next to the task. Clickingthe down arrow will take you to a summary page of all charges that were processed and the filters used for creating the charges. To save this information, click Save to CSV. This document will also generate in your background tasks. Once complete, click on the document icon or down arrow to save the file for your records.