IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the Auto Charge Scheduler and how it is used by the Customer Portal, Mobile App and New Enrollment Wizard to automatically assign a Charge Category to any tuition charges created for an auto-approved class enrollment.
- What is the Auto Charge Scheduler?
- How do I configure the Auto Charge Scheduler?
What is the Auto Charge Scheduler?
The Auto Charge Scheduler allows you to configure the Charge Category used for auto-created class tuition charges, such as those created via the Customer Portal, Mobile App, or New Enrollment Wizard. (Tuition charges that are created manually on the customer ledger or when using the Class Tuition Charges task will still need to be manually selected.)
How do I configure the Auto Charge Scheduler?
This setting is located under SETTINGS>SETUP>CLASS SETTINGS>AUTO CHARGE SCHEDULER.
You can configure the Charge Category to be used by choosing a method to answer the question “How do you wish to manage Auto-Charge Categories?”
The "Single Select" option allows you to select a single Charge Category to be used for all auto-created Class Tuition Charges until you manually change it. (This is the default option and matches current Auto-Charge Category behavior.)
- Auto-Charge Category – select the Charge Category to be used.
Beta features are still undergoing development and testing prior to official release. If you choose to enable either of these options, please monitor new charges to verify that pricing is correct and the charge category is being assigned as expected based on your configuration.
Month to Month (beta)
The "Month to Month" option allows you to select a Charge Category to be used each month. The system will automatically select the appropriate Charge Category based on the first billable class date.
- Select a Charge Category for Each Month – select the Charge Category to be used for each month of the year.
The "Custom" option allows you to define your own schedule to change the Charge Category to be used for all auto-created Class Tuition Charges. The system will automatically select the appropriate Charge Category based on the first billable class date.
- From/To – the selected Charge Category will be assigned to auto-created Class Tuition Charges for enrollments with start dates within the specified date range.
- Charge Category – select the Charge Category to be used.
- Add New Row – creates a new row so you can specify an additional custom schedule.
- Choose Backup Charge Category – select a backup Charge Category to be used whenever a charge is created outside the specified date ranges.
After selecting your option and configuring any settings, be sure to SAVE your changes. Once saved, the method being actively used by the system will be flagged as “Currently Using.”