IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the various setup options in the SETTINGS>SETUP>"Student Settings" section and how they are used to configure various settings and features related to student profiles, grade options, and display options related to student age and enrollment statuses.
Student Custom Fields
Student Custom Fields are fields you create in the student account templates to store custom values. Custom fields can be made visible in the Customer Portal for editing and can also be included as variables in Email Blasts.
Grades and Grade Options
iClassPro's optional Grades feature refers to the student's academic grade (e.g., Pre K, Kindergarten, 1st, etc.). Once configured, Grades are auto-assigned to existing students in the system based on their age. Each year, on the selected "roll-over date," students will automatically roll into the next grade up.
Grades can be used as a requirement on classes for students to be automatically approved for an enrollment, overriding any age requirements.
Student Options are miscellaneous settings that determine how the system handles various options related to student age display and when the New Enrollment icon will be displayed in the Staff Portal and on roll sheets.
- Display Student Age In Years Only - if enabled, iClassPro will only display the student age in years (instead of years and months). Note that the displayed student age does not "round up" and students who are 5 years, 2 months and 5 years, 11 months will both display their age as "5 years." (Note that the system will always base class eligibility on the actual computed age and not whole years.)
- Show New Enrollment Icon In Reports - if enabled, the system will display a "New Enrollment" icon on Roll Sheet reports when the student begins a new class.
- Show New Enrollment Icon In Attendance App - if enabled, the system will display a "New Enrollment" icon in the Staff Portal when the student begins a new class.
- Show New Enrollment Icon For First Time In Session - if enabled, the system will display a "New Enrollment" icon the first time a student attends class during a new session. (This setting requires that at least one of the two previous options is enabled.)
- Show New Enrollment Icon For First Time In Class - if enabled, the system will display a "New Enrollment" icon the first time a student attends a class. (This setting requires that at least one of the two previous options is enabled.)