IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to configure your Customer Portal Financial section, which focuses on the financial perspective of online registration. This includes: recurring billing options, customer ledger views, the ability for customers to use available credit from the Customer Portal, and more.
You can view more information about the Financial options below:
- Require Saved Payment Method Authorized for Recurring Billing – enables/disables the requirement for a customer to save a card on file when the customer checks out for an enrollment through the Customer Portal’s shopping cart feature.
NOTE: enabling this option automatically prevents editing the "Prevent Deletion Of Autopay Method If Family Has An Active Or Future Class Enrollment" setting, as customers are already prevented from deleting Autopay information if it is required by this setting.
- Require Recurring Billing for Trial Enrollments – enables/disables the requirement for customers submitting requests for trial enrollments to have to store payment information on file to do so.
- Prevent Deletion Of Autopay Method If Family Has An Active Or Future Class Enrollment - this setting is only available if "Require Saved Payment Method Authorized for Recurring Billing" setting is disabled.
If the setting is ENABLED, this will prevent customers from deleting saved payment information if they have any current/future enrollments on their account. An alert message will appear on the Customer Portal that informs them that they have an active or future enrollment and need to contact the office to cancel registration and remove card on file. (This is important to meet credit card brand requirements.)
If the setting is DISABLED, there is no change in current functionality and customers will be allowed to delete saved payment information since it is not required.
- Show Full Ledger History, Not Just the Last 30 Day History – when selected, this will allow the customer to see their full list of payments, refunds and charges on their account. When not selected, the customer will only be able to see a list of payments, refunds and charges from the last 30 days of the account.
- Allow Visitors to Generate a Statement – when enabled, customers can create statements at any point in time from the Customer Portal’s Payments section after logging in. The statements will include the business’ name and address, customer’s name and address, any outstanding charges at that point in time, their students’ schedule(s) and the last date of payment on their account.
- Show the Account Credit in the Ledger – will show the customer whether or not they have unapplied payments or credits in the ledger on their account. When using the web-based Customer Portal, customers cannot apply this credit themselves, but can reach out to the business to be enrolled, billed and have the credit applied, after which they can provide payment for any remaining balance online.
- Allow Visitors the Ability to Use Available Account Credits – Enabling this setting will allow parents to apply available credit from their ledgers to existing charges with outstanding balances prior to making a payment. This is available by navigating to the Account area of the mobile app and scrolling down past "Add Student".
- Allow Partial Payments – when selected, this will allow customers to pay a partial amount toward an outstanding charge, rather than requiring the whole amount for the charge at once.
- Minimum Partial Payment Amount – when the “Allow Partial Payments” option is enabled, the number placed in this box will determine the smallest payment amount that will be allowed to be processed toward a larger bill. Often, this amount will be $5 or $10 to help ensure that the payment amount will be for a large enough sum to justify any gateway/processing fees incurred by the business.
- Allow Promo Codes – when enabled, this setting will present customers with the option to apply promo codes to the items in their cart. Customers must be given the available promo codes prior to checkout – as they will not be displayed. Visit our article for more information about promotion codes.
- Require Past Due Charges to be Paid in Full First – enabling this setting will force the customer to pay past due charges in full. NOTE: This does not restrict the customer from being able to create new enrollments and incur new charges.
- Hide Totals Bar on Shopping Cart When Every Item is $0.00 – this setting will allow you to enable or disable the Totals Bar from showing when the Shopping Cart is full of items equal to $0.00 (such as enrollment requests, makeups or trials).
If there are any auto-approved enrollments in the cart, the Totals Bar will still show and reflect the correct amount for that enrollment. Furthermore, if discounts or promo codes are applied that result in a $0.00 charge, the Totals Bar will still show in order to reflect these discounts.
(Please note that if the Shopping Cart contains only items totaling $0.00 and you have enabled the option to hide the Totals Bar, the Custom Message will still appear.)
- Custom Message on Cart – this setting allows you to display a custom message in the Customer Portal Shopping Cart. This message will appear just below the Totals Bar during the checkout process.
(This area is plain-text only and will not support HTML code. The message will be rendered in red text to differentiate it from the other text on the page.)
After making any changes to these settings, click “Save Settings”.