IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how to process payments and refunds/voids from Integrated PIN pads.
NOTE: This document only applies to customers in the United States who are using iClassPro Payment Services.
Processing a Sale
- From the NEW PAYMENT screen, select “Credit Card - Swipe/Insert/Tap” as the Payment Type.
- Fill in the form with the correct payment details and select any charges that the payment should be applied to.
- Click NEXT to send the transaction to the PIN pad.
- After the customer submits their payment on the PIN pad, the response (success or failure) will be sent back to iClassPro and the payment process will resume as normal.
Processing a Void or Refund
Performing a VOID or a REFUND on transactions works similarly like any other credit card void/refund. Typically, the transaction can only be voided if it is the same day it was authorized. For more information, see our document "What is the Difference Between a Void and a Refund?"
However, to refund a PIN-debit card transaction (meaning the customer typed in their PIN at the time of sale), the customer must have the card present and insert/swipe it on the deice at the time of the refund.
- IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, customers can contact Support and submit a ticket to have our Payments team to refund the payment from the back end. They will need to know the date of the original payment, the transaction ID, last four digits of the card, original payment amount, and the amount to be refunded.
- There is not a way to customize the device's screen at this time.
- If you are using a Integrated PIN Pad, you cannot use a separate USB-based card swiper as well.
To order additional devices, visit https://shop.iclasspro.com.