iClassPro’s Dynamic Class Names feature allows you to configure the system to build the class name based on a combination of variables, including the Class Program, Level, Room/Area, Schedule, and Instructor(s), rather than using the traditional “Class Name” text field.
To use the feature, you will need to enable the setting to allow Dynamic Class Names under SETTINGS>SETUP>CLASS SETTINGS>GENERAL CLASS SETTINGS>"Enable Dynamic Class Names" and then configure your Dynamic Class Name Pattern.
- Enabling this option will remove all existing class names and use the dynamic name structure instead. The original class names are not stored in the database and cannot be recovered.
- When you enable this option, you will be given the option to proceed with renaming the classes, apply an override on all existing classes (to keep the current class name), or cancel. Applying an override is the only way to keep your original class name.
- If you disable this option after it has already been enabled, classes will keep the last dynamically generated class name.
To use Dynamic Class Name variables, include the desired tags in the Dynamic Class Name Pattern field , such as [[program]]: [[level]] [[schedule]] with [[instructor]].
Available Class Name Variables:
- [[program]] - The name of the program assigned to the class.
- [[level]] - The name of the level assigned to the class.
- [[room]] - The name of the room/area assigned to the class.
- [[schedule]] - A summary of the schedule assigned to the class
- [[instructor]] - The names of all instructors assigned to the class.
- Dynamic Class Names are limited to a maximum of 255 characters. If the Dynamically Generated Name would exceed this limit, the class name will be truncated with an ellipse [...].
- If more than three instructors are assigned to the class, the system will automatically limit the [[instructor]] tag to simply display 'Multiple Instructors' to prevent class names from becoming too long.
- If the “Enable Dynamic Class Names” option is active, the traditional “Class Name” text field will not be editable when creating or editing classes. However, enabling the “Override Dynamic Class Name” option will allow you to manually enter a text value if desired.