Documentation references Integrated PIN Pad Terminal models Verifone MX925 or Ingenico IPP320.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the terminal (labeled “ENET” on the sticker attached to the terminal).
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your router.
- Connect the power cable to the terminal.
- Wait for the device to boot (about 3-5 minutes). When the terminal is ready, the screen should display the Idle message (usually something like “Thank You for Your Business!”).
Configuring Device Settings in iClassPro
The Device settings for your Integrated PIN Pad Terminal are located under SETTINGS>SETUP>TRANSACTIONS>”Add New Gateway Device”
Gateway Device Settings are usually configured by iClassPro prior to shipping the device. However, some of these fields can be customized (as noted below):
- Activation Code – taken from the terminal (usually set up by iClassPro)
- Terminal ID – plain text, customer-entered name to identify the terminal in cases where an account has multiple devices. (ex: Front Desk, Office, etc.)
- Description - plain text, customer-entered description of the terminal.
- Idle message – plain text, displays on the terminal screen while waiting for a payment
- Location – In multi-location accounts, this setting denotes where the terminal is located.
Processing a Sale
- From the NEW PAYMENT screen, select “Credit Card - Swipe/Insert/Tap” as the Payment Type.
- Fill in the form with the correct payment details and select any charges that the payment should be applied to.
- Click NEXT to send the transaction to the Terminal.
- After the customer submits their payment on the terminal, the response (success or failure) will be sent back to iClassPro and the payment process will resume as normal.
Processing a Void or Refund
Performing a VOID will work the same as any other voided payment.
However, to issue a REFUND, the customer must have the card present to refund the transaction from the terminal. Since terminal transactions do not go through the payment gateway, refunding directly from the Ledger is not currently possible. (This is similar to how external credit card payments currently work.)
- IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, customers can contact Support and submit a ticket to have our Payments team to refund the payment from the back end. They will need to know the date of the original payment, the transaction ID, last four digits of the card, original payment amount, and the amount to be refunded.
- There is not a way to customize the device's screen at this time.
- If you are using a Integrated PIN Pad terminal, you cannot use a separate USB-based card swiper as well.
To order additional devices, visit https://shop.iclasspro.com.