While most Customer Portal settings are controlled with the same settings that apply to the legacy Parent Portal, there are some additional options unique to this new platform. These are located under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>SETTINGS.
If your account is still using the legacy Parent Portal, settings are located under SETTINGS>PARENT PORTAL. Once your account has the Customer Portal enabled, these settings will be moved to SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>MORE SETTINGS.
The legacy Parent Portal (not Customer Portal) will cease to function on July 27, 2020, at which point the users will be redirected to use the Customer Portal.
- "Setup Customer Portal" mode: When "Setup Customer Portal" is selected, the "Enable Customer Portal" option is checked so you can configure the settings.
- During this stage, the new Customer Portal and legacy Parent Portal will operate in tandem while you configure the Customer Portal. However, the Customer Portal can only be viewed in a limited, read-only mode in which some functions are not fully operational (including enrollments and checkout). Because of this, your customers should still be directed to the legacy Parent Portal until setup is complete.
- "Activate Customer Portal" mode: when "Activate Customer Portal" is selected, the new Customer Portal takes over. Your legacy Parent Portal ceases to function and the "Parent Portal" option in your SETTINGS menu will no longer be displayed. Customers using the legacy Parent Portal URL are automatically redirected to the new Customer Portal.
- At this point, you should update any website links or bookmarks to point to the new Customer Portal URL and notify your customers to do the same.
- News & Announcements Slideshow – allows you to control which News & Announcement items appear in the slideshow that is displayed on the Customer Portal splash page.
- Welcome Text - Text entered here will appear as a popup message for all visitors upon accessing the Dashboard. You can also use it to present important information.
- General – Allows you to reorder and/or customize the images and descriptions associated with the items shown on the main Customer Portal navigation page.
- Main Links - These appear as cards below the "How may we assist you?" text.
- Booking - The description and image can be customized; the recommended image size is 600px W x 300px H.
- My Account - The description and image can be customized; the recommended image size is 600px W x 300px H.
- News – This image cannot be customized here; description and image are taken from the News item displayed. (See our News and Announcements Feature document for more information.)
- Additional Links
- Hide the “Welcome Information” button.
- Hide “Find the Right Class” button.
- External URL to Find the Right Class - entering a URL here will cause the "Find the Right Class" button to redirect the user to an external website rather than using the "Find the Right Class" wizard.
- Require Email Validation for New Account creation – enable this option to require parents to validate their email address during the account creation process.
- Hide Images on Class List – enabling this option hides branding images assigned to Class Levels and Programs when viewing the Class List.
- Hide Images on Camp List – enabling this option hides images assigned to specific camps when viewing the Camp List.
- * Cart Reservation Timeout (Minutes) - This is a number between 5-120 minutes that represents the amount of time that items will be reserved in the cart relative to the time that the most recent item was added. The timer will be reset to this amount of time each time a new item is added to the cart, and when the timer reaches 0, all items will be removed from the cart automatically.
- * Cart Reservation Timeout Limit (Minutes) - This is a number between 5-120 minutes that represents the maximum amount of time that a cart can be used from the time that the first item was added. The timer will not reset past this amount of time even as new items are added to the cart.
* NOTE: These options are only enforced when the Customer Portal is completely activated. For more information about the Checkout Reservation Timer and how it functions in the Customer Portal and Office Portal, see the “Checkout Reservation Timer” document.
- Branding – these settings will supersede any settings already designated under SETTINGS>CUSTOMER PORTAL>OTHER SETTINGS>MARKETING & BRANDING.
- Global Account Settings – the selected colors/logo/background image/default splash image will be used for all Locations unless Specific Location settings designate otherwise.
- Specific Location – overrides the Global Account Settings so the selected colors/logo/background image/default splash image will be used for the selected Location. Other Locations will either use their own specific settings or the Global Account Settings.
- Primary Brand Color - Colors larger sections of the design.
- Secondary Brand Color - Accents design and strengthens multi-colored branding. The lightness/darkness of this color also helps to determine the color that is automatically selected for text that is displayed.
- Logo – The Logo is displayed at the top of the screen on all Customer Portal pages. The recommended logo image size is 400px W x 300px H.
- Background Image – The Background Image is displayed in the background during regular Customer Portal navigation. It is the primary image shown on the main Login screen apart from the Logo at the top. The recommended background image size is 1500px W x 1000px H.
- Default Splash Image – The Default Splash Image is displayed when there are no News articles or Announcements to display in the slideshow. The recommended splash image size is 1920 px x 700px H.
- Splash Text - this is the text displayed over the default splash image.