IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about Family and Student Policies, how they function, and how staff members and customers will interact with them.
- What are Policies?
- Default Family Policies
- Special Photo Waiver Functionality
- Transactions Policies
What are Policies?
The Policies feature (under SETTINGS> POLICIES) allow your business to get signed policies for individual families and students – such as agreeing to your Rules, Terms and Conditions, Waivers, Billing Authorization, granting photo permissions, participation requirements, code of conduct policies and more!
- Policies can be created for internal use only or used in conjunction with online registration to collect policy agreements, where the policies must be accepted or rejected for each family or student (depending on the policy type).
- Family policies must be accepted before a family can perform any tasks within the Customer Portal, such as creating or editing enrollments or making payments. Student policies can be created as optional (customer can accept or reject with no impact) or acceptance can be required (the policy must be accepted before the family can create enrollments online; the system will also alert staff of missing required agreements when enrolling students or taking attendance).
- Student policies can also be marked as inactive to phase them out and to allow staff members to remove any requirements while they work on revisions. Only Active policies will be enforced throughout the application.
- By editing the family or student, staff members can also review the policy section of the record. Staff members with the necessary permissions can mark policies as manually accepted (indicating that a written agreement has been collected and stored on file). If the policy is set to be visible to customers online, the Customer Portal will still ask the family to sign the electronic version of the agreement the next time they log in.
NOTE: Policies that are set to be required must be agreed to before enrollments can be created. However, families legally have the right to reject policies at any time, so you will want to monitor your Online Activity for Policy rejections for families with active enrollments. A full history of agreement status for the family and students can be found under their respective records by clicking on the Policies tab. Reporting and filter capabilities have also been included.
Default Family Policies
Each iClassPro account will start off with three example Family Policies:
- Billing Authorization
- Rules, Terms and Conditions
These example policies should be immediately replaced with your own business policies and procedures after seeking any appropriate legal advice, and before asking customers to agree to those policies as a part of registration.
Special Photo Waiver Functionality
Each iClassPro account will start off with a specially designed student policy for a photo waiver. This policy is directly tied to the ability for staff members to take, upload and view student photos throughout iClassPro and cannot be removed from the software. For those businesses which may need consent to utilize student photos in any capacity (even internally) due to legal reasons, this new policy should be implemented to allow this functionality.
Setting this policy to active will immediately hide all student images and render new image taking for students impossible until the customers accept the student policy. Once accepted, the images for that student will display as normal and new images will be able to be taken from the staff portal and uploaded by staff members onto student records. If a customer chooses to reject the policy, their student photo will not be able to be taken, uploaded or displayed inside of the iClassPro software.
By default, this new photo waiver policy is NOT active and will not impact the use of student images in iClassPro.
- One-Time Payment - displayed when a one-time (non-recurring) payment is submitted via the Customer Portal/Mobile App.
- Recurring Payment Opt In - displayed when recurring payment information is submitted via the Customer Portal/Mobile App and the option to "Opt-In to Recurring Billing" is enabled.
- Returns, Refunds, and Cancellation Policy - displayed any time payment information is submitted via the Customer Portal.
Ready to learn more? Try these topics in our Knowledge Base