Selling a Gift Certificate at the Family Ledger
Staff can also sell gift certificates in the Office Portal by creating the same three entries on the appropriate family ledger. They just need to be sure all selected options match the SETTINGS designated for all Gift Certificate sales made through the Parent Portal.
- Create a Charge
- On the family ledger, click NEW CHARGE.
- Choose Line Item Type “OTHER.”
- Select the appropriate Program and Charge Category based on your SETTINGS.
- Enter the Charge Amount.
- For the Line Item Title, enter Enter the [Recipient Name] if desired.
- Click SAVE & MAKE PAYMENT.
- Create a Payment
- Create a New Payment. For the Payment Title, enter GiftCard. Enter the [Recipient Name] if desired.
- Choose the appropriate Payment Type and enter the Charge Amount.
- Be sure to select the charge to apply the payment and balance out the Gift Certificate sale.
- SAVE the Payment.
- Create a Credit
- On the family Ledger, Click CREATE NEW PAYMENT.
- For the Payment Title, enter GiftCard. Enter the [Recipient Name] if desired.
- Choose the Credit Type GiftCard and enter the Credit Amount (including any multipliers).
- SAVE the Payment.
Selling a Gift Certificate via Point of Sale
If you use iClassPro's Point of Sale feature, you can create a New Product called "Gift Certificate" so you can choose this from the Point of Sale window to make a sale. Be sure to set the Program and Charge Category on the new product to match the SETTINGS designated for all Gift Certificate sales made through the Parent Portal.
When a Gift Certificate is sold via Point of Sale, the system will only create the initial charge and payment. A Staff member will still need to manually create the credit on the Family Ledger. (See the "Create a Credit" section in the "Selling a Gift Certificate at the Family Ledger" instructions above.)
For instructions on creating a new Point of Sale product, see https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034046213-Setup-Maintaining-Inventory-POS-
Redeeming Gift Certificates
Gift Certificates are reflected as credits/unapplied payments on the Family ledger and therefore are applied to charges just as any other credit would be. See https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014259868-Applying-Credits-and-Payments-in-Customer-Ledgers for more information.