IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn how QR Codes can be used to allow families/students to log into the Check-In Kiosk, including how to create/assign them in the Office Portal.
- How Do QR Codes Work with the Check-In Kiosk?
- Enabling the Permission to allow QR Codes in Check-In Kiosk
- Manually Adding a QR Code to a Family or Student
- Checking into the Kiosk using a QR Code
How Do QR Codes Work with the Check-In Kiosk?
In addition to using the family phone number to access the Check-In Kiosk, iClassPro allows you to assign a QR code to a family or student. This enables your business to generate ID cards for customers with the QR code on them, then have customers use those cards at a check-in kiosk with a webcam to help speed up the check-in process!
- QR Codes assigned to a STUDENT will automatically select that student when checking in. The customer will need to select the class(es) for which they are checking in.
- QR Codes assigned to a FAMILY work the same as entering the family phone number. The customer will still need to select which student is being checked in along with the class(es) for which they are checking in.
NOTE: iClassPro can generate QR codes, which can then be emailed to parents. These codes can be displayed on their mobile device and used to log into the Check-In Kiosk. It is suggested that parents take a screenshot of the code to make it easier to locate on their device.
Enabling the Permission to allow QR Codes in Check-In Kiosk
For the QR code option to show on the Check-In Kiosk, you will need to enable the option to allow QR code scanning under SETTINGS>CHECK-IN KIOSK.
When enabled, this brings up two additional options:
- Auto-Generate QR Codes for Customer Portal – When enabled, this allows the system to automatically generate and assign a QR code to a family and/or student if one does not exist when they access their account in the Customer Portal.
- Auto Check-In On Scan – When enabled, this allows for completely touchless Check-In. After successfully scanning their QR Code, the system will automatically check the family/student in for as many events allowed by the other restrictions. Details for the classes will be shown on the screen, and then after the login timeout, the customer will be redirected back to the check-in screen.
If there are blocking messages, these will be displayed instead of the successful check-in message.
Manually Adding a QR Code to a Family or Student
From the FAMILIES or STUDENTS page, click the pencil/edit icon next to the family or student for whom you wish to assign a QR code.
Go to the QR CODES tab and click ADD NEW QR CODE to launch the “Create QR Code” window.
Enter a descriptive name for the QR code you are entering, then manually enter the QR Code or click SCAN QR Code to use your webcam or other QR code scanning device to capture the QR Code.
Clicking CREATE will save the QR code and fill in the “Data” field with the data encoded in the QR code. You can click the EMAIL icon to send the family an email containing the QR Code.
Checking into the Kiosk using a QR Code
Once enabled, customers will see an option to scan their QR code on the Check-In Kiosk login screen, just above the “Your Phone Number” field.
NOTE: You will need to have a webcam attached to your Check-In Kiosk terminal.