Permissions for Manually Creating/Editing/Deleting Makeup Tokens
There are three staff permissions related to makeup tokens:
- Create Makeup Tokens – determines whether or not a staff member can manually create makeup tokens. (Enabling this also grants permission to the staff member to edit existing tokens.)
- Delete Makeup Tokens – determines whether or not a staff member can manually delete makeup tokens
- Create Makeup Enrollments Without Tokens – determines whether or not a staff member can manually create a makeup enrollment without a corresponding makeup token. (Note: This permission does not have any effect on creating makeup enrollments if Makeup Tokens are completely disabled under SETTINGS>MAKEUP TOKENS.)
Creating Makeup Tokens When Cancelling a Class
When cancelling a class, there is an option asking whether you wish to create makeup tokens for the students enrolled in that class.
To cancel a class:
- From the CLASSES page, locate the class that needs to be cancelled.
- Click the Attendance icon (checkmark) to the left of the class name to open the Attendance view.
- Click on the date for which the class needs to be cancelled.
- Click Cancel for this day.
- In the next screen, enable/disable the option to create makeup tokens (as needed).
- Click YES to cancel the class.
Creating Makeup Tokens for an Individual Student
- From the STUDENTS page, locate the student who needs to have a makeup token issued.
- Click the Attendance icon (checkmark) to the left of the student’s name to open the Attendance view.
- Click Makeup Tokens.
- Click the Create Makeup Token button.
- Fill in the appropriate details for the token.
- Location is optional. For accounts with multiple locations, choosing a Location will lock the token for use at that particular Location (unless settings allow otherwise). If you do not choose any Location, the token can be used anywhere.
- Choose a Program if you want to associate the token with classes in a particular Program.
- Comment is optional. However, keep in mind that parents may be able to see comments depending on your setting under SETTINGS>MAKEUP TOKENS>Show makeup token comments on Parent Portal.
- Expiration Date (which acts as a use/redeem by date) will be set automatically based on the setting under SETTINGS>MAKEUP TOKENS>Auto-expire makeup tokens. Update this if needed.
- Choose whether or not to send a notification email to the parent.
- Click Add Another if you need to create multiple tokens. When you have finished, click the Create [#] Token(s) button. (Note that this button may say “Create [#] Token(s)” or “Create [#] Token(s) & Send [#] Email(s)” depending on how many tokens you are creating/notification emails are being sent.)