IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the iClassPro calendar and how its different view options can assist you in performing your daily tasks.
What is the Calendar?
The iClassPro calendar is a visual representation of your class/camp/party schedule, allowing you to view current, upcoming, and past events at a glance. Daily, weekly, staff, and zone views will allow you to filter and sort your schedules like never before. It is also possible to view occupancy, enrollment openings, and perform enrollment tasks quickly.
No matter the size of your school, the iClassPro calendar will be a very welcome addition to the team!
The iClassPro calendar is available in two views, depending on which layout is chosen:
By ignoring the traditional time layout view (resulting in overlapping classes/camps/parties and allowing little information to show), the "Stacked" view simply “stacks” events based on their start time. This enables iClassPro to display more details and also allows you to carry out more tasks directly from the Calendar page.
The “Stacked” view allows:
- Easier management of events and students (e.g.: by clicking on a class or camp, you can edit a student’s information, enrollment details, attendance, skills, or family details directly from the popup window):
- Viewing events (classes/camps/parties/appointments) in a more streamlined fashion and allowing you to find classes or camps with openings more quickly.
- Searching events by minimum vacancy, either by the number of “regular” enrollment slots available, temporary vacancies due to a student’s expected absence on a specific date, or a combination of the two.
- Customizing the details shown! By using the “Details Selected” dropdown, you can select to add a list of levels, areas (zone/stations), instructors, Students, Waitlisted students, and/or Requested enrollments:
- You can view/create/modify event cancellations and view blackouts.
- You can assign colors to each Class level, making it easy to see at a glance which level a class has attached to it. (These can be customized under SETTINGS>SETUP>CLASS SETTINGS>LEVELS.)
- There is also a new global filter that displays only certain days of the week (up to seven days at a time). By default, the system shows all classes for one week, Sunday-Saturday. However, selecting only “M” displays the next seven Mondays instead. Selecting multiple days would show the next seven occurrences of those days (e.g., selecting “M” and “W” would display M/W/M/W/M/W/M and so on).
- There are visual indicators to indicate when an event is past or current. Future events will not be impacted while past events will be greyed out and current events (based on day and time) will pulsate from normal color to greyed out color.
In this view, there are several numbers related to the class occupancy. For example, in the image above, the 001.01 Class One 12:00 PM class on Friday, 2/22 shows this:
2 | 2/5 | 3 Openings
2 (the first number) - represents how many students are expected to be in attendance that day, taking into consideration all enrollment types (except waitlists) and accounting for any expected absences.
2/5 - the numerator (2) represents the number of perpetual ACTIVE enrollments + SINGLE DAY enrollments, and the denominator (5) represents the total number of allowed enrollments in the class (based on the max enrollments allowed in the class details). So there are 2 active enrollments out of 5 allowed enrollments.
3 Openings - represents the total number of openings available on that day. (NOTE: This number will change depending on whether you are looking at ALL openings, REGULAR openings, or TEMPORARY openings.)
Finally, if there are any WAIT LIST enrollments on the day, those will be noted by the last entry.
The “Stacked” view is the default view for all new iClassPro accounts created after November 15, 2018. You can change this option under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>APPLICATION PREFERENCES.
The “Staggered” view is available in either daily, weekly, staff, or zone layout and shows class, camp, appointment and party events as they are scheduled during your chosen time frame.
To switch to the “Staggered” view, click on that icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Calendar from the “Weekly” layout (designated with a red box in the screenshot below).
While the “Staggered” view does not offer all of the functionality as the “Stacked” view due to the space limitations imposed by aligning events with their calendar times, the entries will still be color-coded by level and you will still be able to click on an entry to bring up options to cancel a class, record/view attendance, perform/view skill evaluations, edit a student’s enrollment information or access their student/family profiles, or enroll/group enroll new students (as applicable). You can also view/create/modify event cancellations and view blackouts.
From the “Daily”, “Staff”, or "Zone" layout, you will need to choose a single date from the “Current Date” filter to limit by day of the week, as the global filter that displays only certain days of the week is only available from the “Weekly” layout.
The “Staggered” view is the default view for all existing iClassPro accounts created prior to November 15, 2018. You can change this option under SETTINGS>SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>APPLICATION PREFERENCES.