IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about iClassPro's communication logs for families and staff, which lists all emails and SMS/text messages sent to each family and staff member, as well as Push Notification logs for families.
The Email Log tab on Family and Staff Records allows you to see a history of emails sent to families and staff members to verify that an email has been delivered.
The log shows the date/time of the last activity on the email, the email address it was sent to (if the family or staff member has more than one email address on their account), the subject, and the delivery status. If an email address has been blacklisted, there is also an option that allows business owners to reset the blacklist status.
(Note: while we provide this option, it is usually recommended that you reach out to the family to ask that they provide a different address for communication if an email address has been blacklisted.)
For certain emails, you will be able to view the text of the email that was sent by clicking on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the email status field.
The date/time of the last activity on the email will change based on the status. It will initially show the date/time it was sent, then update based on whether it was opened, clicked, rejected, etc.
The Email Log is searchable by all fields and can be sorted by date, recipient email address or delivery status.
NOTE: For emails with content that is available to be viewed, this information will only be stored for 24 months from the date the email was sent.
The SMS Log tab on Family and Staff Records allows you to see a history of SMS/Text Messages sent to verify that a message has been delivered.
The log shows the date/time the message was received, the phone number it was sent to (if the family or staff member has more than one phone number on their account), the text of the message, and the delivery status. The delivery status may be one of the following:
- Delivery – queued for delivery
- Delivered - messages eas successfully delivered to the recipient.
- Not delivered
The SMS Log is searchable by all fields and can be sorted by date, recipient phone number or delivery status.
Push Notifications Log
The PUSH NOTIFICATIONS Log tab on Family Records allows you to see a history of Push Notifications to verify that they were sent to the family.
The log shows the date/time the message was sent, the subject, and the text of the message.
Notes for Administrators
- The option to view Family and Staff Email Logs or Family and Staff SMS Logs will be given to all members of the admin group by default.
- There are additional staff permissions for other users that are disabled by default -- one each to allow them to view the Family Email Log, Staff Email Log, Family SMS Logs and Staff SMS Logs.
- These can be enabled per staff user group under SETTINGS>SETUP>STAFF SETTINGS>USER GROUPS, or granted to individual staff members on the PERMISSIONS tab for their staff profile on the STAFF page.