All employees using Time Clock will need to be created as staff members in iClassPro to have the necessary settings to clock in and clock out. For help with creating new staff members, click here.
If the employee will only need to use the time clock to track their hours, but not access to the software itself (such as the Admin/Office Portal or Staff Portal) you can skip the permissions steps and leave their User Group blank and set everything under “Advanced Permissions” to none (this is the default status of these settings for all newly created staff members).
Only employees that will be logging into iClassPro directly will require permissions.
About User Groups
The most important item to note about permissions is that any user assigned to the default “admin” User Group in iClassPro will have full access to the Time Clock features in iClassPro (as well as most other areas of the software). This includes the two points of access to clock in, as well as the management functions for employee time entries and the ability to lock pay periods for exporting to use with payroll systems.
By default, Time Clock permissions/access will NOT be activated for any other user groups. All other User Groups can be edited (under Settings>Setup>Staff Settings) and customized to have the level of access needed by that group of employees. For more information about User Groups and Advanced Permissions, click here.
Time Clock Permissions
When editing User Groups and any Advanced Permissions granted to employees, the following settings will impact the employee’s level of access to Time Clock.
To log in and access any time clock screens for themselves, staff will need to be able to login to iClassPro's main application, or Office Portal. To grant this permission to log in to this area, the staff member's application access for iClassPro must be set to Full.
NOTE: If you will be having staff members use the Staff Portal to clock in and out, you will also need to set Application Access>Staff Portal to Full.
Under Page access, a new Time Clock option will appear.
If set to None, the employee(s) will not be able to load the information on the Time Clock page. This can be helpful for businesses which would like to keep the use of the Time Clock restricted to just the Kiosk Mode when launched by authorized users.
If set to Full, the employee(s) will have access to load the page and the punch pad and kiosk mode options to clock in and out with a pin.
The level of access to other items on the page will be determined by the rest of the permissions in the Tasks section.
Under the Tasks section, there will be two new settings:
The new Time Clock setting refers to the employee’s level of access to the punch pad and the kiosk mode module.
- If set to None, the employee will only be able to access the punch pad and kiosk mode with the clock in and clock out features. There will be no navigation available for the Employees (time entries), Pay Periods or Adjustment Requests areas.
- If set to View, the staff member will be able to access the punch pad and kiosk modes and will also be able to view employee time entries for all employees, pay period information and adjustment requests but will be unable to make any changes to this data.
- If set to Full, the employee will have access to the punch pad and kiosk modes as well as full access to view and make changes to data in the employees and adjustment requests areas. But will still only have the option to view pay period information.
The new Time Clock Export setting refers to the employee’s capability to lock down pay periods and export files for use with an external payroll system.
- If set to None, the user will not be able to perform either of these tasks.
- If set to Full, the employee can perform both tasks as long as they have full permission for the Time Clock task as well.