IN THIS ARTICLE:
Learn about the different Email Delivery Status Indicators and how you can use them to determine whether a family has received your Email Blast and whether they interacted with it.
When your Email Blast has finished sending, you will find a document labeled "Email Blast :: SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL" in your background tasks. This document will contain information about what was included in the email and who was contacted (as well as any unsubscribed or failed email addresses), along with one of eight Status indicators:
- Bounce – – the Email Blast arrived at the customer’s inbox but was rejected by that inbox. This message is only delivered if the system encountered what is referred to as a “hard bounce”, which means that one of several factors has made the email address unable to be delivered to. This could be that the email address was mis-typed or the domain name (@domainname.com) is invalid, or that delivery has been blocked completely for the recipient email server.
NOTE: If the email encounters a soft bounce, the email server will attempt to resend the email the allowable number of times. The status of the email to that recipient will remain as "Sent" until it can be delivered or it is rejected as a hard bounce. Items that may trigger a “soft bounce” include if the inbox is full or the recipient’s email server is down or temporarily offline.
- Click - means a link was clicked within the Email Blast.
- Complaint - an email was marked as Spam at some point in the past. Once a response of “Complaint” is received, iClassPro will no longer send Email Blasts to that address.
- Delivery - means the Email Blast been delivered to the recipient’s mailbox, but they have not opened it.
- Invalid - the email address cannot by validated by our email validation service. Once a response of “Invalid” is received, iClassPro will no longer send Email Blasts to that address.
- Open - means the recipient has opened the Email Blast (this requires the client to allow images).
- Sent - the email is in the queue to be sent.
- Skipped - the email address is opted out of Email Blasts and therefore was not included in the batch of emails that were sent. (This status is primarily seen in relation to Skills assessment emails.)
Each time you open the Email Blast document from your background tasks, the status indicators will update.
This document will remain in your background tasks until it is deleted or 60 days pass, at which point it will be automatically cleared. Therefore, you may wish to download and save this document for your records within 60 days of it being sent.