- Click on Settings
- Choose Business Information
- Enter your contact information in the space provided. We use this information to communicate with you about your account.
For transactions and audit log records, choose:
Default State - Default for Addresses
Time Zone - Used for Dates/Time Stamps
Date Format - Display Order
Currency - Display Option
- Save your work
Note: To view changes to time zones or currency symbols after initial setup, you may need to log out and back into the software.
iClassPro’s location feature is used to manage more than one facility.
- Click on Add New Location.
- iClassPro bills per location. Creating or deleting locations on this page will affect your subscription fee. If you have any questions about the pricing, please contact support. The location information will be printed on your statements and other reports. (Address, Phone Number, Website, etc.) You will also have the opportunity to add your logo and parent portal header per location. If you are not ready to do so, you may come back to do that later.
Programs are labels used to organize classes. Programs must be setup before creating classes. Each class associated with a program (Gymnastics, Cheer, Swim, Dance, Team, Recreation, etc.) On financial reports, Programs are also used to separate income into different parts or departments of your business.
- Click on Add New Program.
- Enter a Program Title for the new program.
- Non-Class/Camp Program: If this option is enabled, only financial data can be tracked under the program. No classes, camps or enrollments can be associated with it.
- Tax Rate: select a tax rate that will be automatically selected when creating charges related to this program. There are separate options for each Location if there is more than one active Location set up on your account. (NOTE: There will be an option on each class/camp to override the inherited tax rate or to make that particular class/camp tax-exempt.)
Charge Categories are used to describe charges that you create and post to a client’s ledger. The charge category will appear as part of the charge title on the account statement, family ledger, and the parent portal ledger view online. Charge categories must be created before creating any charges. Charge categories are also used to detect duplicate charges when mass billing for class tuition through Global Tuition Charges.
- Click on Add New Charge Category to start making charge categories.
- Enter a Title for the new charge category. (ie: Reg. Fee, Proshop, Aug. Tuition, Uniforms, etc.) It’s good practice to create a unique charge category for each distinct billing period or non-tuition fee. This will allow for more detailed reports.
Note: An expiration date is used to prevent old Charge Categories, like 2014 May Tuition, from showing up in the list for new charges after a specific date while keeping a record for reports. Do Not Delete! Charge categories have financial records associated with them. Deleting a charge category will remove that information for filtering capabilities and ledger history.
Tax rates create tax rates to be used on taxable line items. A charge can be specified as taxable or non-taxable when creating it.
- Click on Add New Tax Rate.
- Enter a Name and Rate (without the percentage sign) and choose which locations where the Tax Rate should apply.
The Tuition prices that are created here are the un-discounted prices that are assigned to a class for a specific billing schedule (monthly, session, etc.) Each class is assigned a default tuition price. Create these before creating your classes. Each tuition should have a distinct class price. The same Tuition can be attached to any number of classes.
- Click on Add New Tuition.
- Enter a Name and Rate for each of your tuitions. (Note that the tuition amount does not use the currency symbol. It is also not necessary to enter decimal values if the rate is a whole number.)
The Billing Schedule is the frequency at which tuition is charged for a particular class (Monthly, Session, Weekly, etc.) It is also used to determine which students get charged when you run Global Tuition Charges to bill for enrollments. For instance, if you attach the session billing schedule to all of your classes- when you run global tuition charges, all students enrolled in a class with that billing schedule will be charged the tuition price. Name these Billing Schedules so that whomever does the billing knows how often charges for each billing schedule should be created.
- Click on Create New Billing Schedules.
- Enter a Title for your billing schedule.
- The Billing Cycle largely effects proration (how to discount for late or mid-term enrollments). Month/Session will allow you to bill/prorate for the entire session. Force Month will override the session settings and bill/prorate by calendar month for any enrollment attached to this billing schedule.