Custom headers for the Parent Portal are a great tool to strengthen your branding and add short announcements or marketing messages to the top of every page during the online registration process! Unlike other parent portal branding opportunities like the announcement text, the Parent Portal headers can be unique to a specific location within your account to provide you with the most flexibility possible.
The size of your Parent Portal header image is limited to 920px wide by 480 px tall.
Once you have created an image, it's time to upload it!
Adding a Custom Image
To start, go to SETTINGS>LOCATIONS.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon next to the location you wish to add a header for.
- Under the "Parent Portal Header Image" section on the right-hand side, click Upload NEW Image.
- Find the image from your computer.
- Double-click to select and upload your image, or click on the file once and click Open. (It may take a few moments, but you should see your image appear in the window when it is finished.)
- In the Location Details window, click Save to save the image and continue updating Location information, or Save & Close (if you are finished updating the information).
Note: When clicked from the Parent Portal, your header image will re-direct to the website in the Web Address field listed under your Location Settings.
When finished, you can preview your changes through your website integration or by going to the User icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and choosing "Parent Portal."
If your account has more than one location, you can customize them by uploading a different Location Header for each location.
If there is no default Location selected under SETTINGS>PARENT PORTAL>GENERAL SETTINGS>"Default Location", you can specify a default Header to show by uploading one to SETTINGS>PARENT PORTAL>MARKETING AND BRANDING>"Default Parent Portal Header Image." This header will be displayed until a visitor chooses a specific location, at which point it will show the associated header for the chosen location.