In modern society, more and more businesses are discovering the power of the internet. Our Parent Portal feature is a great way to join the trend in making registration and transactions easier for your class-based business. The first step is integrating the parent portal, which is your customers' side to iClassPro.
From the parent portal, customers can view class and camp offerings, register online, be charged upon registration for tuition an anniversary fees, make payments online, view their children's schedules, make requests for enrollment changes, and much more!
Integrating with the iClassPro Parent Portal
Step 1: Go to Settings>Parent Portal in your iClassPro account.
The iClassPro Parent Portal links to your own web page via buttons. You can design your own buttons and links by using the Preview Parent Portal button seen below and using the direct website URL.
You can also use our pre-programmed buttons on your website by copy and pasting the code in the box on your integration page into your website (also seen below).
DETAILS: The code will need to be entered into a text field on your website using the Source, HTML or "< >" button before pasting in the information. If this code is pasted in without clicking a button to edit the source, it will appear on your website as seen below instead of creating buttons. If you are not familiar with editing your website, send the code to your web developer to be added to the site.
Customize the Parent Portal
Now it’s time to get to the “nuts and bolts” of your Parent Portal. Customize the parent portal by configuring the rest of the settings under Settings>Parent Portal.
Logo and Announcements Section
Customize your parent portal with a Logo, Color Theme of your choice, and Announcement Text. Announcement Text is a great way to welcome your new and existing Customers as well as give them an idea of what they can do in your Parent Portal. You can insert images or embed videos.
Here's a great example below. The announcement text is the area that appears on the home page right above "Member Login."
This is what the settings for the announcement text, logo, and parent portal theme look like:
Allow Parents To Sign Up For New Accounts Online.
- This allows potential customers to create a new account. (Just a reminder, you may want to reiterate to your parents the importance of NOT making another account when signing in for the first time. You can use the announcement text for this.)
Show Camps, Events and Parties and Allow Parents To Register For Them.
- This will show and allow your Parents to register for Camps, Events and Parties that are offered.
Show Class/Camp/Event/Party List If Not Logged In.
- Allows customers to view you Class/Camp/Event/Party schedule(s) without being logged in.
Do Not Show Openings Amounts, Only Full Or Open.
- If this setting is enabled, opening numbers will not show. Only the words OPEN or FULL will show next to each class.
Show Class/Camp/Event/Party Levels, Instructors or Tuition Amounts.
- Shows/Hides the Levels, Tuition or the Instructors of your classes offered. If you check the box, that means it will show. Unchecked means it will be hidden.
Show Full Class Description If Not Logged In.
- By checking this box, the class description will be display to those not logged into your Parent Portal. Unchecked means the user will have to login to view the descriptions.
Allow Drop and Transfer Requests
- Allows you to enable/disable the ability for customers to request drops and transfers for any current enrollments online through the Parent Portal. These are only requests-- each will require approval by a staff member through online activity.
Default Session to Show On The Class List
- Should you run your Facility on a Session basis, this gives you the ability to preselect the session filter in the parent portal class list. Should that customer want to see a different session of classes, they then have to change the Session to reflect the classes they would like to see. This should always be set to the session you are currently accepting enrollments for.
- You have a choice to sort your classes by Name or by Date/Time of each class.
- Should you have more than one location, you can set a default location to appear first.
Count Class Requests against Openings.
- This means requests will count against openings before the enrollment is approved or denied. . (Example: If you have class with 10 openings and 10 requests, it will show as full even though you haven't approved or denied the requests. This can prevent from receiving more requests than you can fulfill.)
Allow Parent To Request A Start Date For Non-Session Classes.
- Also be sure to enter a maximum number of days into the future that the student is allowed to enroll for. Example: A class is held every Tuesday at 11am. The parent doesn’t want their child to start until the last Tuesday of the month. The parent will have the option of choosing a start date when enrolling. In the field below this setting, enter a number for the number of days you want to limit the start date.
Allow Parents To Request A Class That Is Full.
- This allows your parent to request to be put on the waitlist. This could be a good thing because you can gauge the demand for that class and create another class that can be held at the same time, with a different instructor.
Allow Parent To Request A Specific Enrollment Type Such As Active, Trial or Makeup.
- This gives your parent the ability to choose what type of enrollment they want. This will allow a parent to request a trial or makeup enrollment. iClassPro will never create a charge for a trial or makeup enrollment, and they always have to be approved or denied by a staff member.
Allow Parent to request a Class for a Student that does not meet Class Requirements
- This option allows customers who do not meet the age, gender, or grade requirements of a class to submit a request for consideration by staff members.
Allow Parent To Request A Drop Date On A New Enrollment.
- Allows a parent to end an enrollment whenever they like. Most users don't have a need for this, but this is helpful if you want parents to be able to register for just one or two weeks of class. If this is disabled, a separate drop notice would have to be completed for them to have a drop date.
Allow Parent To Override Default Billing Schedule.
- If you have multiple billing schedules/payment plans set up on classes, this feature enables customers to select their preferred billing schedule from a drop down list of those billing schedules attached to the class.
Auto-Approve Requests (Live Enrollments). Will Not Auto-Approve If A Class Is Full or Student does not Meet Class Requirements.
- This feature will allow a student to be enrolled in that class without you having to approve the request. iClassPro will only complete the enrollment if the student meets the age and gender requirements of the class. (Monthly, Session, etc)
Send staff Email Notification of Auto-Enrollment (Email is sent to the email address saved in location settings).
- This will automatically send an email notification of new enrollments to the gym email address.
Auto-Charge First Tuition. Requires Auto-Approve Turned On.
- When an enrollment is set to be automatically approve, a charge will be automatically be created the tuition for that class. To create this tuition, an Auto-Charge Charge Category must also be selected from the first drop down menu at the bottom of the class registration section.
Anniversary Fee (If Not Paid In The Last 12Months, Or Based On Your Timeframe). Requires Auto-Charge.
- If you have your setting set to auto-charge the first enrollment, you can set this feature to attach an Anniversary Charge as well for those customers which have not paid it within the specified timeframe in your settings. To use this feature, you will also be required to select an Anniversary Fee Charge Category (a label for the anniversary fee) and an Anniversary Fee Program (where to record the income (we recommend creating an Anniversary or Registration Fee program) from the drop down menus at the bottom of the class registration section.
Requires Payments For Enrollments. Requires Auto – Charge.
- This requires a parent to pay for the charge before completing the enrollment. It's recommended you use this before auto-approving requests.
Auto-Created Charges Set The Due Date To X Days In The Future.
- This type field controls how the due date on the charge that is being created is set. This is particularly important for businesses that do not require payment online. The due date will be X days in the future from today, where X equals a number you enter in the field below this setting. If left blank the due date will be the same as the charge date.
Auto-approve Tax Rates.
- Apply Tax to the auto-charge given. Leaving it set to choose means no tax will be applied to any charges. Note: There are separate options to charge tax for classes, camps, and anniversary fees.
This allows you to further customize the class list page in the parent portal. Simply choose which filters you want to be available for searching the class list onlin. Checked means the filter will show. Unchecked means it will be hidden.
Count Camp Requests Against A Camp Openings
- This works the same as on the class. Camp enrollment requests will count against the openings even before it is approved or denied. This can prevent you from receiving too many requests for a class that you can't fulfill. But, at the same time, you may not want to enable this if you want to receive ALL requests even if the camp is full.
Allow Parent To Request A Camp That Is Full.
- This gives your parents the ability to send you a request for a Camp that is full. You then have the ability to over-ride the enrollment limit to complete the enrollment.
Allow Parent To Request A Camp For A Student That Does Not Meet Camp Requirements Such As Age Or Gender.
- Gives your parents the ability to request an enrollment into your Camp without meeting your gender or age requirements. If the setting is checked, the requirements are skipped and the request is sent in to the staff using the Online Activity section of iClassPro for approval. If it is unchecked, the parent will receive a warning message if the student they are trying to enroll does not meet age or gender requirements and will not be allowed to continue.
Require Payment When Modifying Camp Schedules.
- Allows you to require a payment for families which are modifying an existing camp enrollment to include more days. The drop down menu will give you two options:
Charge the Difference- Charge an amount based on the difference in pricing listed the pricing schedule for each number of blocks (before and after the modification). RECOMMENDED
- Charge the Remainder Owed- Charge an amount based on the difference between what has already been charged to the customer and
the new price for the enrollment as seen in the ricing schedule.
Charge Nothing if Deposit Due Only is set on the Camp When Modifying a Schedule.
- In the case that a customer is editing an existing camp enrollment to add more days, and the only charge/payment up front for that camp is the deposit amount, this will not add any additional fees for the remaining balance because it assumes the deposit amount has already been paid.
- This feature uses the Anniversary fee program and charge category selected in the class section to also charge this fee for customers who have not paid within the timeframe on your Anniversary Settings and who are signing up for a camp, instead of a class.
Allow Parent to Modify Camp Schedule
- Lets customers modify an existing camp enrollment to add or remove blocks.
Auto-Approve Charge Category.
- This is the label of the charge that is given to the Family when enrolling in a camp. This is a required field, even if you are not charging up front online for any of your camps because the camps can each be set to charge differently.
Auto-approve Tax Rate.
- Apply Tax to the auto-charge given. Leaving it set to choose means no tax will be applied.
Send Email Notification Upon Auto-Enrollment To Email Address Of Camp Location.
- An email will be sent to the location email address to notify staff members of the new camp enrollment.
List Accepted Credit Cards
- Check the box next to each type of credit card you wish to display as accepted. Note: Any cards accepted by your gateway/merchant will still be allowed. This is merely a graphic indicator to help customers.
- This forces your Parents to save Echeck or Credit Card information on file with you before enrolling into any class. This works differently than the "Requires Payment" setting. This controls requiring autopay information where the other setting means it requires a one-time payment when enrolling. It is possible to enable both. If Require Autopay is checked, customers will first be asked to submit autopay information to keep on file if they do not already have information saved, then be asked to pay for any enrollments.
Do Not Require Autopay for Trial Enrollments
- If you are allowing customers to submit requests for trial enrollments, this will skip the step of requiring autopay for these free enrollments to avoid losing customers who may not feel comfortable providing that information.
Do Not Allow Families To Delete Autopay Information.
- This gives you the ability to prevent your parents the ability to delete any autopay information added that is on file for that family. Payment information can stll be deleted from the staff-side of iClassPro.
Show Full Ledger History, Not Just The Last 30 Day History.
- Your Parent will have the ability to see any and all money paid/charged to their account. (Some of our clients opt out of this feature because some parents can be shocked at how much they spend at your facility over a long period.)
Allow Parents To Generate A Statement.
- This gives your Parents the ability to generate statements on their own.
Show The Account Credit In The Ledger.
- You can show your customers if they have non-applied payments or credit associated with their account. While customers cannot apply this credit directly through the parent portal, they may contact your facility to complete an enrollment and use the credit from the staff side.
Allow Partial Payments and Minimum Partial Payment Amount.
- Gives you the option to allow your parents to make a partial payment towards any money owed to you. You can also limit the minimum amount of the payment that can be made.
Allow Promo Codes
- This enables the entry of promo codes on classes and camps when registering online. If the class/camp does not have any promo codes associated with it, no discounts will be applied.
Require Past Due And Priority Charges Must Be Paid In In Full First.
- This requires a Parent to pay any charges that are overdue. You can also set Priority Charges using the filters below which must be paid before creating more enrollments into your facility. Simply select a Charge Category for priority fees that must be paid before paying for other items.
Note: This does not prevent customers from creating and paying for new enrollments. This only affects the way the "Make a Payment" or "Pay Tuition" page works. From that page, if a priority charge is not selected to be paid, then no other charges can be paid.
Remember to Save your New Settings!