Note: When you merge two or more families, the previous families are deleted and a brand new family is created with the selected information. Take care when selecting vital information, as this action cannot be undone.
Why Merge Families/Students?
Duplicate families, or accounts, are a common problem in any database system. In iClassPro, this happens most often when a family already has an account from a previous enrollment and creates a new account online. The Family Merge feature easily merges duplicate families, or accounts, into one record in just a few clicks. With this feature, ledger transactions, students, enrollments, contact info, autopay information, family notes, special discounts, and policy acceptance can be easily combined into one account.
How to Merge Accounts
The merge feature is performed from the Family page in iClassPro-- in a similar way as sending a group email or applying mass charges. Follow the steps and screenshots below to see how it works
- Go to the Family Page by clicking the Family icon at the top of iClassPro.
- Find the families to merge using the search filters on the left side of the page. (See image below)
- Check the boxes next to the families you would like to merge (maximum of 5).
- Click the Family Merge Icon that appears at the bottom of the window (See image below).
- Combine family information by dragging and dropping information into the merge result column or use the + and x buttons next to family information to add and remove it from the saved information. Be sure to scroll down the screen to use drop-downs to select additional information to be saved such as Autopay, Anniversary items, "How Did You Hear" and Special Discounts. For Accepted Policies, the merge will save the most recent acceptance information and discard any previous acceptance history. For Unsubscribed Email settings, the merge will look to see if this box is checked on either family-- if it is, the resulting family after the merge will also be unsubscribed.
- Once all the correct information is saved on the left side of the screen, click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to combine students in the selected Family. To merge one student with another, simply drag the unwanted student under the heading for the student you would like to keep.
- Click finish to begin the merge.
- Review the family and students left after the merge by finding the family and clicking the pencil icon to view the details.