An explanation of Payment and Credit Types in iClassPro.
Payments and credits are entered from the New Payment window in iClassPro. They can be entered separately as different payments or at the same time so that they are combined as one payment on the ledger. Be sure to correspond entries for payment types with payment amounts and credit types with credit amounts.
There are 8 Payment Types to choose from in iClassPro. It is important for your accounting practices to know the difference between these types when entering payments.
Below is a brief description of each payment type and how it is used:
1. Autopay- Autopay is a feature that will be available for any family who has autopay information saved in their family details. To save this information for processing, you will need to set up an e-commerce account with a third party and enter your gateway information into iClassPro. For details on how to do this, please refer to our "Electronic Payment Guide" in the iClassPro knowledge base.
2. Credit Card Manual- The credit card manual option allows you to process a credit card through your gateway. this will require you to enter the Card Information including the name on the card, credit card number, 3-4 digit CCV, expiration date, and billing address.
3. Credit Card Swipe- The credit card swipe payment method requires you to have a card swiper connected to your computer to process the charge. This is a keyboard or USB card swipe machine purchased and used by your gym.
4. E-Check- The e-check option is another transaction which utilizes your gateway and allows you to process electronic checks.
5. External Credit Card Device- The external credit card device allows you to keep records of an external credit card transaction (such as a cash register purchase) in your iClassPro Database. This does not actually process any charges and will not require any credit card information. This action simply balances the account like a cash or check entry would.
6. Cash- Allows you to enter any cash transactions to balance the family's ledger and show that their balance is up to date.
7. Check- Enter any traditional checks you receive to track a family's balance. For good bookkeeping, enter the check number in the Reference/Check # field for future inquiries.
8. Account Credit- This option allows you to apply any credits on the family's account toward outstanding charges. These credits accumulate from previous payments which were not applied to charges. Here, you can specify which charges to pay with any unapplied credit on the family's ledger.
Also in the New Payment window in iClassPro is an area reserved for issuing credits. There are 3 Credit Types to choose from. Below is an explanation of each of those credit types:
1. Coupon- If a customer uses a coupon for a discount, you would enter the discounted amount here in the coupon field. This allows you to create the appropriate charge for your records, then apply both the payment and coupon discount at the same time. The coupon amount will be added to the total of the payment.
2. House- House credits are generally reserved for comps or preferred customers. This indicates that the gym provided the customer with general purpose credit on their account.
3. Other- This credit type can be used for any credits which do not fit the description of other two credit types. For example, many iClassPro customers use this category to carry over credit from a previous software which may still be available on a family's account.
If you have any further questions, please contact the iClassPro Support Staff during the hours of 9am-6pm CST.