Note: You will want to be sure to have a Program and a Charge Category for the charge you are creating. If the charge is enrollment based, the Program the charge is tracked under will automatically be the Program of the Class or Camp.
Note: If you are using a multi-location iClassPro account, be sure that you have the location selected at the top of the page that you want associated with this charge.
In this example, we are creating several charges. Charges can be created one at a time, created as a group of charges with a single entry on the ledger, or created as a group of charges and saved separately as individual ledger entries as explained below.
- Go to the Family or Student page and Search for the family or student you wish to charge.
- Click the Ledger icon ($) to open the ledger options.
- Click New Charge.
- Click on the Line Item Type Dropdown.
- Choose the Line Item you want to enter.
Class Tuition - find class enrollments
Camp Tuition- find camp enrollments
Anniversary- find anniversary fees
Other- enters a custom misc. charge
Discount- will discount the entire charge (all line items in this window).
Promo Code- will apply the Promo Code once to the entire charge.
- Use the drop down menus to the right of the line item you chose to select required charge information a student or enrollment (anniversary & tuition charges), program, and charge category to describe the charge.
Note: The charge amount will be automatically populated for class, camp and anniversary charges. This amount can be edited directly for class and anniversary charges; camp charges will need to be assigned a discount if necessary. For miscellaneous "Other" charges such as Pro Shop items, enter the amount manually.
If you are charging tuition in advance for a future month, be sure to check the box next to "As of Date" and enter a date in the month you are charging for. Otherwise, the system will base the tuition on the current month and may not take into account proration or discounts that would apply.
- (Optional) To apply a Discount or charge Tax on a specific line item in the charge, use the fields below the line item amount.
Click +Add Line Item to add the line item to the charge entry. This will clear the line item information at the bottom of the screen and add the line item to the list at the middle of the window.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 4-8 to add any additional line items to this charge entry.
- Adjust the Charge Title and Dates at the top of the window.
Note: The charge title will automatically fill with the first line item title if left blank. The charge date and due date always default to the current day.
- Click Save to save all line items in this charge window as a single ledger entry.